HRIS & Compensation Associate
• Location: Dayton, OH
• Work Schedule / Shift
• Reports To: Manager of HRIS Administration and Compensation
• Relocation: Assistance available
• Direct Reports: None
• Travel: Little to no travel expected
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way – which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Engaging our employees is extremely important to us, and we seek leaders who inspire, enable, and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
Dayton, OH – Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here, you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All eligible employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
The Human Resources Information System (HRIS) Associate will report to the Manager of HRIS Administration and Compensation and is responsible for providing systems and employee support to all business departments in related day-to-day needs. The successful candidate will be responsible for communicating needs proactively with their Leader and other department Leaders. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Help to resolve employee questions and discrepancies in HR system and notifying leaders of errors and needed updates.
• Process terminations, shift changes and other HR data changes as requested in HR system.
• Assist with running HRIS Reports upon request.
• Process weekly termination report and send to distribution list.
• Owner of compliance reports, such as state-required employee data requests for AAP, EEO and Vets reporting.
• Maintain seniority lists and bidding order for IAM group.
• Manage anniversary step increase changes. Run Workday report of upcoming anniversary increases, notify manager, collect performance information and process HR system change.
• Assist leader with HRIS outside vendor integrations and relationships.
• Assist leader with system updates and change management activities.
• Update Crew Seniority dates per Longevity report provide by Crew Pay Team.
• Provide monthly ALPA reports to the ALPA Membership Administrator.
• Maintain Monthly New Hire and Termination Reports.
• Supply Semi-Annual OSHA reports.
• Maintains HRIS data integrity by reviewing and evaluating data and processes for potential improvement.
Pre-boarding & Onboarding Support
• Coordinate with recruiting the initiation of Onboarding process for new hires.
• Process the HRIS Onboarding and follow up with new hire through to completion.
• Send Day 1 email to new hires with details on Day 1 onboarding.
• Day 1 connection with new hire and leader to complete I-9 verification and complete of Workday Onboarding.
• Administrator for eVerify relationship and processes.
HR, Compensation & Payroll Support
• Review, track, and process new hire and employee immigration / foreign documents and forms for work authorization, passport requirements, and H1-B application / status.
• Assist other HR team members by answering questions and directing employees to the appropriate contacts for their related issues. Specifically, work with HR leaders to resolve issues with employee information in HR system, new hire questions, MSS payroll discrepancies, and legal work documentation requirements.
• Document work processes and SOP and train HR team members to act as backup.
• Collaborate with human resource department employees on a daily basis.
• Provide user support for HRIS system by researching and resolving problems as needed.
• Backup to Employment Verifications as needed.
• Manage Pilot Sign-On bonus payment process.
• Provide recruiters with comp analysis upon request. This includes internal candidate compensation and compensation ranges by job profile.
• Supply past Abra/Pan data as requested since data is no longer available to other team members.
• Other duties and projects as assigned.
• High School diploma or equivalent;
• 2-4 years’ experience in Human Resources (any area)
• 1-2 years’ experience with Human Resources system use and/or support
• Intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Office programs, including Excel
• Ability to collect, interpret, and analyze employee data; experience with HR dashboards
• Proven track record of maintaining high levels of confidentiality
• Working knowledge of employment and record keeping laws related to HR
• Some experience with immigration and foreign document analysis and processing
• Exposure to or experience with privacy policies as applied to employee data
• Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources and PHR certification a plus.
• Workday HRIS experience.
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
• Engaging Communicator
• Results Driven
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Interpersonal skills
• Project management
• Problem solving/analysis
• Communication (verbal and written
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.