Crew Scheduling Coordinator
• Location: Dayton, OH
• Work Schedule: Full Time (Mon through Fri from 8:00am to 5:00pm, must be able to work varied shifts)
• Reports To: Manager of Crew Scheduling
• Direct Reports: None
• Relocation: Some relocation assistance available
• Travel: Little to no travel is expected
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Engaging our employees is extremely important to us, and we seek leaders who inspire, enable, and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
Dayton, OH – Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here, you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All eligible employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
As the Crew Scheduling Coordinator, you will impact PSA Airlines’ operations by ensuring that each flight is legally covered with the appropriate crew. In maintaining and monitoring flight crew coverage by adhering to FARs, policies and procedures, and the Collective Bargaining Agreements you will allow for PSA to provide quality service to customers.
Coordinating crew schedules
• Process and record all crewmember schedule adjustments.
• Coordinate the flight crew coverage with the Operations Control Center (OCC) to protect the integrity of the market schedule.
• Answer sick calls received from crewmembers; complete necessary schedule adjustments and provide reserve coverage as needed.
• Make last-minute changes to crew hotel reservations/cancellations and transportation arrangements, as necessary, during irregular operations.
Monitoring and maintaining operations
• Maintain crew records and considering several factors: sick calls, vacations, days off, flight hour limits, types of aircraft for which crewmembers are trained, and seniority bids.
• Assist crew coordinator in crew-related decisions.
• Monitor and maintain federal legality and contractual compliance of flight crew member schedules for a 24 hour/ 7-day operation.
• Utilize multiple and varied software systems to complete assigned tasks.
• Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department and company.
Communicating with stakeholders
• Process and complete reserve assignments and notifications for current and following day tracks, schedules, and notify crew coordinator and crewmembers of crew rest delays.
• Effectively communicate with crew members regarding federal regulations, CBA compliance, reassignments and accommodations.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Aviation operations experience
• Knowledge of airline and aviation terminology
• Ability to speak/read/writer in English
• Intermediate computer skills with Microsoft Office programs
• If hired, must be able to demonstrate that you are authorized to work in the US.
• Previous leadership position preferred
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
• Engaging Communicator
• Results Driven
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Time management
• Maintaining confidentiality
• Handling sensitive situations
Work Environment: This job operates approximately 90% of the time inside a climate controlled building and approximately 10% of the time outside in all types of weather. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; bend/stoop; occasionally push/pull and lift weight up to 75 lbs.; use hands to grasp, finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. On rare occasions may be required to crawl, use fine manipulations, kneeling, and repetitive motion.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.