Inflight Services Duty Manager
• Location: CLT/DAY
• Work Schedule / Shift: Monday-Friday, 8:00AM-5:00PM (expectation of occasional on site office coverage on evenings and weekends as job duties demand)
• Reports To: Director, Inflight Services
• Direct Reports: 3 supervisors and 1-2 Operations Coordinators/ Based Administrative personnel
• Reachable via smart phone 24 / 7 as necessary to meet the needs of the operation
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All eligible employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
The Duty Manager is responsible for developing the Inflight Supervisory Team through coaching, counseling. The primary function of this position is to support the Director of Inflight Services in the safe and efficient administration of Inflight Services. The Duty Manager assesses performance, appearance and conduct in accordance with regulations, company policy and standards and anticipates Inflight Services department-related needs.
• Creates initiatives and meets goal performance metrics in support of PSA’s 5 Imperatives for Growth, Opportunity and Stability.
• Hires, develops and mentors base management staff, flight attendants and administrative staff of the Inflight Operations.
• Establish strong relationships with other department managers, supervisors, flight attendants and AFA leadership.
• Provide Inflight Department policy guidance.
• Assist in conducting interviews for special project functions, recruiters, line check attendants and instructors.
• Conduct new hire orientation and familiarization to line operations.
• Analyze trends and patterns, provide reporting tools as needed.
• Collaborate with Human Resources Department.
• Communicate regularly with Director of Inflight Services, Manager of Inflight Standards and Crew Scheduling personnel.
• Lead and participate in special projects.
• Conduct investigatory hearings and issue corrective action as applicable and necessary.
• Provide support to Crew Resources in maintaining flight schedules during normal and abnormal operations.
• Responsible for meeting all operational deadlines.
• Cross-train for other job functions as designated by the Director, Inflight Services.
• Reachable via smart phone 24 / 7 as necessary to meet the needs of the operation.
• Responsible for the Company’s Security and Safety Management System (SMS) and associated Safety Risk Management and Safety Assurance outputs.
• High School Education or Equivalent
• Required Technical Skills and experience include working knowledge of Microsoft office and Excel
• At least 3 years of experience in a leadership role
• Retain qualification and maintain currency as a PSA Airlines Flight Attendant and Check Flight Attendant on all aircraft types
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• Ability to speak/read/write in English
• Must be able to demonstrate authorization to work in the U.S
• If hired, must be able to demonstrate that you are authorized to work in the US.
• Working knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations, CFR Part 121
• Previous experience in Inflight Services
• Associates Degree preferred
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
• Engaging Communicator
• Results Driven
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Communication (verbal and written)
• Time and project management
• Coaching & Development
• Driving Excellence
• Facilitating Change
• Strategic Thinking
Supervisory Responsibility: This is a supervisory position
Delegation: In absence, the Director will handle and re-assign tasks.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.