Assistant Director of Operations Training and Delivery
• Location: Charlotte, NC
• Work Hours/Shift: Monday-Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM (occasional hours may vary and duty may be extended)
• Reports To: Director of Operations Training & Development
• Relocation: Some relocation assistance available
• Travel: Travel may be expected (15-25%)
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way – which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Engaging our employees is extremely important to us, and we seek leaders who inspire, enable, and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
Charlotte, NC – Charlotte hosts one of PSA’s senior bases. It is the largest city in the state of North Carolina and the third-fastest growing major city in the United States. Nicknamed the “Queen City,” this city upholds rich history and southern hospitality. You will enjoy the food scene, art and history. Home of the Carolina Panthers, Charlotte Motor Speedway, NASCAR Hall of Fame and Carolinas Aviation Museum, this city offers an abundance of activities.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All eligible employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
The Assistant Director, Training & Delivery provides leadership to the Flight Operations Training Department to achieve company goals and objectives associated with safety, security, reliability, operational efficiency, productivity and customer satisfaction.
• Responsible for the day-to-day operation of PSA Airlines flight training program delivery for flight and dispatch.
• Responsible for maintaining compliance with all standards established by PSA Airlines
• Responsible for training records through the Manager of Training Admin and Crew Records.
• Responsible for the standardization of flight operations training through the respective departmental training managers.
• Evaluates training requirements and identifies specific training solutions to support our operations teams with industry leading training curricula and delivery methods.
• Implement safety risk management processes within Training that support the principles of the Safety Management System (SMS) and this policy manual.
• Enforce departmental safety objectives, which support company goals through close coordination with the Company Safety Department.
• Coordinate with the Director of Flight Operations, Director of Inflight Services to ensure operational safety and standardization of procedures for training delivery.
• Develop and implement strategies communicating Company goals and department performance requirements to all department personnel.
• Supervise, train, monitor, and assess staff member performance.
• Oversees all classroom training delivery and professionalism.
• Ensure corporate standards and affirmative action programs are communicated and implemented to department personnel.
• Ensure all equipment needed for Flight Operations Training is available and in good working order.
• Ensure proper instructor staffing to complete all required training.
• Make recommendations for the Operation’s operating and capital expense budgets
• Implement, monitor, and review the results of the Company Internal Audit Program
• Other duties as assigned by the Vice President Air Operations.
• Responsible for the Company's Security and Safety Management System (SMS) and Associated Safety Risk Management and Safety Assurance outputs.
• Work closely with the Vice President of Planning and Performance to provide training data needed for modeling staffing needs, and to receive feedback regarding upcoming flight schedules, and the needs for successfully completing the scheduled flying.
• Responsible for tracking Flight Operations training metrics to include, but not limited to:
o Ground school completion rate and schedule integrity
o Simulator training completion rate and schedule integrity
o Inter Rater reliability
o AQP data sent to the FAA
• Bachelor’s degree in aviation management, training or adult learning or equivalent experience.
• At least 3 years of airlines management experience
• 5 years Part 121 Training Experience
• Previous experience leading an adult learning program
• Good communication skills (written and oral)
• Computer literacy and strong Microsoft office skills
• Complete proficiency with the use of Microsoft Excel
• Proven record of project planning and execution
• Must be able to speak, read and write in English.
• Must be able to demonstrate authorization to work in the U.S
• Experience as Pilot-In-Command in Part 121
• Experience as a Line Check Pilot
• Experience as a Proficiency Check Pilot
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
• Engaging Communicator
• Results Driven
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Prioritizing multiple tasks
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
• Coaching & development
• Driving excellence
• Facilitating change
• Strategic thinking
Supervisory Responsibility: This position is a supervisory position
Delegation: In absence, the Assistant Director of Flight Operations will handle and re-assign tasks.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.