Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
• Location: Charlotte, NC
• Work Schedule: Full Time
• Reports To: Vice President of Human Resources and Labor Relations
• Travel: Occasional travel required
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Engaging our employees is extremely important to us, and we seek leaders who inspire, enable, and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All eligible employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
Summary/Objective: The Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (“DE+I”) Director is PSA’s strategic, diversity leader and change agent partnering with the executive team and business leaders to develop and lead the company-wide DE+I strategy. Reporting to the VP of Human Resources and Labor Relations this position will define PSA’s short-term and long-term goals, KPI’s, action plans and metrics that drive business impact and deliver measurable results.
As the central facilitator of strategic DE+I activities the Director serves as thought leader, trusted advisor and consultant to PSA’s business leaders in support of their diversity, equity and inclusion goals and objectives aligned to the company-wide strategy. In partnership with the talent team this leader will also consult on, enable and support both company-wide and department efforts around diverse recruitment strategies, employee engagement, diversity learning, and talent development.
This working leader and strategist will proactively cultivate and manage relationships with diversity partners while also supporting the ongoing relationships with local partners, including representing PSA at relevant local forums and events. As the leading subject matter expert, the Director will also have extensive knowledge of laws related to equal employment opportunity, experience working with federal regulators (EEOC and OFCCP), and experience leading and championing large scale diversity initiatives.
This position will serve as a member of the leadership team requiring a high level of influence and collaboration with a variety of department heads and business functions at the director level.
• Lead the strategic design and implementation of a business-driven company-wide diversity, equity and inclusion strategy that includes short-term and long-term goals, KPI’s, action plans and metrics to assess and track progress over time.
• Serve as the senior diversity and inclusion strategist and subject matter expert for PSA
• Lead the PSA Diversity and Inclusion Council
• Lead the design and execution of a quarterly and annual DE+I reporting
• Lead the design, planning and execution of strategic DE+I initiatives and programs, including Business Resource Groups, guiding long-term growth and development plans in the areas of DE+I.
• Collaborate with core departments (Air Ops, Talent Acquisition and Development, Team Member Services, Communications, and Safety) to ensure inclusion and belonging is threaded across every level of the team member and customer experience
• Provide consultation and coaching to business leaders, managers and employees on all areas of DE+I.
• Conduct on-going research on best practices, and after analyzing data, recommend strategies for continuous improvement
• Consult with the Executive Team and provide guidance and recommendations to create an effective leadership and governance structure and advance the overall DE+I strategy
• Partner with the talent management team to ensure the effective analysis of diversity surveys, Talent Review findings, and other organizational culture audits, and provide updates to senior leadership to inform decision making
• Consult with business leaders developing individual diversity performance goals
• Act as lead advisor to and partner with the Talent Acquisition and Development colleagues on areas related to diversity, equity and inclusion, to drive the development and implementation of strategies and tactics for diversity recruiting, talent development and retention of a robust pipeline of diverse talent
• Partner with Talent Acquisition and Development in developing metrics, dashboards and applicable reports that create transparency and accountability for diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts.
• Partner with Director of Talent Acquisition and Development and talent management team to embed DEI practices into all talent programs; as an example, leverage the Talent Planning Process to maximize opportunities with high potential • talent and provide recommendations to business leaders for succession planning
• Create and lead the strategy for DE+I educational programs
• Develop an overarching strategy for PSA and provide recommendations to attract, retain and train diverse, multi-generational talent through targeted university, college and industry relationships
• Advocate for and consult with leaders to introduce an effective Business Resource Groups network to ensure these positively impact employees and the business
• Serve as a consultant to the Director of Communications in crafting cohesive communications campaigns that engage our workforce, convey our strategy, and position PSA strategically externally and internally through effective use of social media and brand positioning statements
• Spearhead efforts to celebrate heritage and promote cultural awareness including African American/Black History Month, Women’s History Month, Asian Pacific American Heritage, Pride Month, Hispanic-Latino History Month, National Disability Employment Awareness Month, and National American Indian Heritage Month.
• Partner with the Director of Team Members Services to review and manage PSA policies related to DE&I
• Support safety risk management processes within Flight Operations that support the principles of the Safety Management System (SMS) and this policy manual.
• Proactively lead and manage effective relationships with national diversity partner organizations and partner in the management of local partnerships that align with and support PSA’s DE+I strategy
• Partner with the Director of Team Member Services on specific causes and platforms that could enhance our giving programs, including volunteer activities and community partnerships that will support PSA’s DE&I strategy
• Represent PSA at external forums, and serve as a subject matter expert at diversity conferences, professional associations, and meetings
Required Education and Experience:
•BA/BS degree required, Advanced degree preferred in Human Resources, Business, Communications or related field or equivalent experience
•Minimum 7 years of HR experience or equivalent
•Minimum of 5 years in the DE+I field in a role with increasing scope and responsibilities for developing and leading diversity strategies and consulting with the business to drive business impact
•Ability to anticipate future trends and creates competitive strategies
•Demonstrated experience as a strategic thought leader and partner to executive level leadership who is also able to roll up his/her sleeves and do the work
•Experience with multicultural diversity, cultural competencies, and laws and regulations pertaining to equal employment opportunity
•Experience working and developing relationships with local and national diversity organizations and partners
•Ability to develop lines of communication, trust, and partnership across multiple business divisions
•Proven success managing federal audits and ensuring compliance with government requirements (i.e. EEO) requirements
•Proven track record of leading in a matrixed environment, comfortable with ambiguity
•Understanding of key business drivers
•Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
•Strong, demonstrated written and verbal communication and presentation skills with extensive experience communicating at the executive level
•If hired, must be able to demonstrate that you are authorized to work in the US.
Competencies and Knowledge:
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
• Engaging Communicator
• Results Driven
To be successful in this role, you should be great at:
• Communicating Effectively
• Work Organization
• Making Sound Decisions
• Teamwork and Collaboration
• Customer Service
• Relationship Management
Supervisory Responsibility: This position will not have direct reports at this time.
Delegation of Duties: In absence, duties will be performed or reassigned by the Vice President of Human Resources and Labor Relations
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs.; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.