Manager of Aircraft Component Repair
• Location: Dayton, OH
• Work Schedule / Shift: Monday-Friday 8:00AM-5:00PM (this position supports a 24/7 operations with occasional after-hours required)
• Reports To: Director- Strategic Sourcing and Procurement
• Direct Reports 7
• Relocation: Assistance available
• Travel: Up to 15%; including overnight Domestic and International travel
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Engaging our employees is extremely important to us, and we seek leaders who inspire, enable, and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
Dayton, OH – Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here, you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All eligible employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
The Manager of Aircraft Component Repair impacts PSA Airlines’ safety and quality control. Administrating and executing programs dealing with repair and overhaul of aircraft components, tools and GSE equipment to ensure safe and on-time departures of PSA aircraft.
• Management of the Component Repair and Warranty Analysts and their daily activities in the repair process.
• Manages the vendor selection process including analysis of vendor proposals in conjunction with key stakeholders in the maintenance and finance organizations.
• Mentors and coaches team members to develop the team cross functionally within the department. Identifies candidates for successor planning and assists in successor planning program.
• Partners with the Quality Assurance team to ensure proper management of PSA’s AVL and all necessary compliance and audit requirements with the FAA.
• Ensures that warranty is captured and properly tracked and administered on all repairs and overhauls from approved MRO vendors, new aircraft purchases and new component purchases.
• Maintains industry visibility and engagement to source new partners utilizing innovative and approved techniques to drive cost savings, reliability, and lead times.
• Utilizes Tableau and advanced data mining techniques to design productivity dashboards, build metrics for team and vendor performance, and utilize information to create action plans for improvement.
• Partners and serves as a liaison between external vendors and Tech Services/Engineering to incorporate PMA parts wherever available.
• Leads and trains team members to review manufacturer SB’s to ensure proper compliance with repairs and track any necessary FOC SB’s; additionally, partners with Maintenance Planning and Maintenance Programs to ensure component availability and serviceability for planned upgrades and service checks.
• Maintains close relationships with current vendors, tracks issues, and helps to troubleshoot production issues and anticipates and raises potential concerns with vendor reliability, engineering techniques, or production capabilities and makes necessary corrections to mitigate impact to the company.
• Partner with Finance to complete financial and productivity analysis on vendor contract or contract amendment proposals, responses to RFP’s and RFQ’s, and reliability initiatives.
• Serves as an SME when required for activities related to the implementation and training on the Maintenix implementation project and ensures future ERP system stability and best practices.
• Manages continuous improvement techniques to create more efficient processes and work streams which drive an increase in cost savings and effectiveness.
• Engage across company departments to gather information and clearly communicate ideas and initiatives to all levels of management up to and including the President.
• Effectively manage and operate within the approved operating and capital budget, partner with Finance to complete analysis and forecasting to build the annual operating plan.
• Serve as a lead and Project Manager for various other projects related to complex assembly such as APU, Landing Gear, and Engine repair and overhaul programs.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Operations Management, Aviation Management or related discipline or equivalent work experience
• 5+ years of an equivalent combination of education and/or professional work experience
• Experience in attracting, selecting and developing technical teams that can pull together to quickly over obstacles
• Previous contract development and negotiations experience
• Strong technical consulting/customer service background
• If hired, must be able to demonstrate that you are authorized to work in the US.
• Previous supervisory experience
• MBA or other advanced degree/qualification
• Engineer DER or ability to obtain DER
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
• Engaging Communicator
• Results Driven
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Communication (verbal and written)
• Time and performance management
• Coaching & Development
• Driving Excellence
• Facilitating Change
• Strategic Thinking
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.