• Location: Dayton, OH
• Work Schedule / Shift
• Reports To: Maintenance Manager
• Relocation: Assistance available
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Engaging our employees is extremely important to us, and we seek leaders who inspire, enable, and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
Dayton, OH – Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here, you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
The Maintenance Supervisor impacts PSA’s safety of its customers and employees by providing supervision over the Lead Mechanics; ensuring that they properly execute all maintenance updates and the aircraft is prepared and ready for release.
• Schedule the department in such a manner that adequate coverage is provided while maintenance is being performed.
• Prepare written reports to Maintenance Manager for Delays, Cancellations and Irregularities.
• May sign maintenance release and assume full responsibility for aircraft that fall under the jurisdiction of the Maintenance Department during a check.
• Ascertain that the responsible mechanic properly executes all necessary work records.
• Coordinate all operation planning to assure that the proper work is performed on the aircraft as scheduled.
• Monitor aircraft appearance and ensure aircraft are well presented.
• Account for the performance of assigned personnel.
• Maintain liaison with MX Control, Production Planning, and other departments.
• Ensure adequate tool inventories are maintained and proper use of these tools is observed.
• Work in an outside maintenance operation to ensure airworthiness of aircraft.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Manager.
• Provide direct supervision of the Lead Mechanic
• High school diploma or equivalent
• A&P license with 3 years’ experience
• Excellent computer experience
• Capable of using respirators and other personal protective equipment including eye and hearing protection
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
• Engaging Communicator
• Results Driven
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Communication (verbal and written)
• Detail oriented
• Coaching & Development
• Driving Excellence
• Facilitating Change
• Strategic Thinking
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.