Lead Airframe & Powerplant Technician
• Location: Akron-Canton, OH
• Work Schedule: Full time (40 hours a week plus overtime when needed)
• Reports To: Maintenance Manager
• Direct Reports: A&P Mechanics
• Relocation: Local candidates preferred
• Travel: None
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Engaging our employees is extremely important to us, and we seek leaders who inspire, enable, and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
Akron-Canton, OH – Just south of Cleveland, Akron-Canton offers fun activities for both individuals and families. The area hosts the Pro Football Hall of Fame, MAPS Air Museum and Fannie May/Harry London Chocolates. These quaint twin cities boast amazing 19th-century historical architectures, such as Stan Hywet Hall & Gardens, Hale Farm & Village and Simon Perkins Stone Mansion.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
As the Lead Mechanic, you will impact PSA Airlines’ business growth by coordinating the activities of the assigned maintenance department. In directing the operations of the maintenance personnel, you will work to minimize delays and increase production and efficiency.
• Plans, directs, layouts and coordinates the activities of the assigned Maintenance Department so as to minimize delays and increase production and efficiency. The Lead Mechanic is a working member of the maintenance group. The Lead Mechanic will not be required to lead or direct more than 20 employees.
• Trains and assists subordinates in proper procedures, methods and practices to be followed in each respective duty.
• Maintains the work areas, building, ground support equipment and materials that are utilized for aircraft maintenance in safe, clean and operable condition.
• Makes certain that the responsible mechanic properly executes all necessary work records.
• Properly coordinates between assigned maintenance personnel and the Inspection Department.
• Delegates the duties of the Lead Mechanic. However, such delegation does not relieve the Lead Mechanic of the overall responsibilities.
• Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department and company.