Supervisor - Vendor Maintenance
• Location: Dayton, OH, Charlotte, NC, or Greer, SC
• Work Schedule / Shift: Monday-Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
• Reports To: General Manager of Vendor Operations
• Direct Reports: None
• Relocation: Assistance available
• Travel: Average 30% travel required
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Dayton, OH – Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here, you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
Charlotte, NC – Charlotte hosts one of PSA’s senior bases. It is the largest city in the state of North Carolina and the third-fastest growing major city in the United States. Nicknamed the “Queen City,” this city upholds rich history and southern hospitality. You will enjoy the food scene, art and history. Home of the Carolina Panthers, Charlotte Motor Speedway, NASCAR Hall of Fame and Carolinas Aviation Museum, this city offers an abundance of activities.
Greenville-Spartanburg, SC – Greenville is a charming city southwest of Charlotte, North Carolina. Here, you will be able to enjoy a number of outdoor activities. Voted one of the Top 10 cycling cities, there is access to more than 55 parks, trails and scenic views.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
The Supervisor - Vendor Maintenance assists the General Manager Vendor Operations to provide on and off-site supervision of PSA maintenance vendors performing maintenance on PSA aircraft in order to maintain quality, cost, and performance within expectations.
• Account for the performance of PSA Line Essential Maintenance Providers (EMPs).
• Maintain liaison with EMPs and internal PSA MX Control, Production Planning, and other departments.
• Ensure adequate tool inventories are maintained at PSA EMP locations.
• Provide management support to ensure decisions made and actions taken with maintenance providers are in the best interest of the company in all matters relating to the services provided.
• Oversees maintenance provider to ensure compliance with all policies, practices, and procedures required by the General Maintenance Manual, Air Worthiness Agreement (AWA), and all other published technical data, documents, and directives.
• Oversees the maintenance provider to ensure compliance with all contractual and AWA obligations.
• Represents PSA during “drop in” events at various vendors to ensure compliance and performance. This representation may include RII responsibilities.
• Reviews invoicing from the Maintenance vendors to verify that costs are valid and correct and assists in the development of plans and budgets.
• Maintain a real-time listing of outside agencies used for maintenance and repairs on an “oncall basis” within MESTA or support program.
• Maintains Vendor Manual Section 2, Fueling Procedure Manual and the Outstation Maintenance Vendor Listing in the GMM.
• Update and maintain PSA Temporary Authorization records of on-call maintenance.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the GM Vendor Operations.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• A&P license
• 3 years experience with Part 121 or 145
• Excellent computer experience
• Experience with CRJ
• Vendor oversight experience
• Supervisory experience
• Line, Heavy, and/or Powerplant maintenance experience
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Organizational skills
• Communication (verbal and written)
• Multi-task projects with time sensitive deadlines
• Time and Performance management
• Adaptability in an aggressive growth environment
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.