Air Operations Analyst - Manpower Planning
• Location: Dayton, OH
• Work Schedule: Full Time (Mon through Fri 8:00am to 5:00pm)
• Reports To: Manager of AQP
• Direct Reports: None
• Relocation: Some relocation assistance available
• Travel: Rare travel is expected for this position
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Dayton, OH – Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here, you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
The Air Operations Data Analyst is responsible for the design and implementation of manpower planning tools & simulator utilization models including tracking and maintaining various inputs that drive instructor manpower and simulator requirements.
• Build and maintain analytical manpower planning models to determine optimal instructor and simulator staffing levels
• Calibrate input parameters to the manpower models and forecast trends
• Monitor and track variance to plan; provide weekly reports focusing on trends and anomalies; seek out action plans and recommend corrective action to improve model accuracy
• Develop/automate reporting capabilities and data extraction methods to build in process efficiencies that minimize manual analyses
• Respond to frequent ad hoc data/analysis requests; provide support as an analytical resource
• Compile AQP Data for review by Training Management Team.
• Complete other related duties and responsibilities, as assigned, in order to achieve departmental objectives
• Compile and Deliver Instructor/Evaluator Calibration.
• Review and submit required monthly FAA AQP data submissions.
• Assist process owners in review of collected data while searching for efficiencies of process
• Evaluate collected data for compliance and trends.
• Develops and maintains training staffing and simulator usage models that provide direct input into the Company’s manpower model
• Presents findings and recommendations to Vice-President and President on a biweekly basis
• Bachelor’s degree in Operation Research, Industrial Engineering, Applied Math, Computer Science, Business Administration or related field
• Experience with Tableau, Data Visualization Software
• Proficient in MS Office Suite
• Experience with Relational Databases
• Knowledge of AVB
• Experience in designing and using modeling techniques (e.g. statistical, forecasting, optimization, simulation, spreadsheet) to answer business questions and to assess the impact Proficient in the use of data retrieval languages such as Access/SQL
• Experience in using modeling techniques (e.g. statistical, forecasting, optimization, simulation, spreadsheet) to answer business questions and to assess the impact Proficient in the use of data retrieval languages such as Access/SQL
• Proficient with Python coding for data analysis
• Ability to speak/read/write in English
• 5-10 years of relevant work experience (in similar field and/or industry)
• Experience developing, managing and creating innovative document solutions at the enterprise level is strongly preferred
• Preferred Knowledge and Experience in K2, SQL, and Comply365
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Strong business acumen and drive for results
• Technical learning/innovation management
• Performance management
• Problem solving
• Multitasking and detail oriented
• Working with minimal supervision in a team environment
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.