Part-Time Security and Compliance Coordinator
• Location: Charlotte, NC
• Work Schedule / Shift: Part-Time (29 hours per week), Monday-Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
• Reports To: Manager of Security and Compliance
• Direct Reports: None
• Relocation: Local candidates preferred
• Travel: Limited travel may be expected
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Benefits: Enjoy seeing the world? Part-time employees enjoy the same American Airlines travel privileges as full-time employees!
The Security and Compliance Coordinator’s main responsibility will be to fingerprint prospective employees and will assist with the overall coordination of all security-related programs and the operational reporting system of PSA Airlines. This position will secondarily interact with prospective employees to conduct pre-employment screening functions. The position is responsible for maintaining and auditing the company databases for airline identification media, Criminal History Records Check (CHRC) and ensuring coordination with applicable regulatory bodies.
• Collect fingerprints from prospective employees for pre-employment Criminal History Records Checks (CHRCs).
• Ensure compliance with criminal background disclosures from new-hire employees.
• Maintain current and accurate company files associated with pre-employment CHRCs and disclosures, communicating relevant information throughout the department.
• Collaborate with Human Resources and Recruiting Departments regarding onboarding items, primarily fingerprint administration.
• Conduct enrollment and removal of all existing and new-hire employees into RAP BACK (Record of Arrest and Prosecutions Back) in accordance with federal regulations.
• Supports Manager with Security Department functions as available.
• Support Criminal History Records Checks with departmental management, as available.
• Distributes needed reports and dashboards on pre-employment screening data as available.
• Assists Department Manager with projects for PSA Security related programs, training, compliance, reporting – as needed.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• One to two years of experience in a similar field or industry
• Two years of experience in human resources or administrative role
• Advanced computer skills with Microsoft Office programs and human resource related systems
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Communication (verbal and written)
• Interpersonal Skills
• Problem solving/ analysis
• Performance management
Work Environment: This job operates in a combination of an office setting and being mobile to conduct fingerprinting, auditing, and/or drug/alcohol collection.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.