Manager of Crew Scheduling
• Location: Dayton, OH
• Work Schedule / Shift: Monday-Friday. 8:00am-5:00pm (occasional evening and weekend hours as job duties demand)
• Reports To: Director of Crew Scheduling
• Direct Reports: crew coordinators, crew schedulers and crew trackers
• Relocation: Some relocation assistance available
• Travel: Little to no travel expected
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Engaging our employees is extremely important to us, and we seek leaders who inspire, enable, and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
Dayton, OH – Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here, you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
The Manager of Crew Scheduling is responsible for the oversight of the Crew Scheduling operation including the supervision of Crew Schedulers, Crew Coordinators and Crew Scheduling Supervisors. The Manager will embody the PSA Way and incorporate its elements into every program, process, and action. The overarching goal is to produce the highest quality scheduling team and performance in the Regional Airline industry, which supports our mission to always deliver satisfied customers to their destination safely and on time.
• Maintain CrewTrac database, act as key user for the system and perform random audits for accuracy and continuity of scheduling coverage.
• Maintain Flica database and act as key user for the system.
• Oversee New Hire Scheduling process, which includes candidate selection, interviews, on boarding, systems set up, and training programs.
• Provides coaching and assists with on-the-job training for the Crew Scheduling Department
• Assist the Payroll Department in crew pay audits and in resolving crew pay issues.
• Collaborate and communicate with Crew Scheduling Supervisor in maintaining daily schedule coverage and reserve availability.
• Attend monthly ALPA and AFA Scheduling Committee meetings for the purpose of discussing requested improvements and issues regarding monthly crew schedules including problem resolutions.
• Aid the Crew Scheduling Supervisor and daily schedulers in the assignment and notification of amendments, revisions, or alteration of crewmembers’ schedules as needed.
• Ensure proper staffing coverage for Coordinators and Schedules, and provide additional support for during times of abnormal operations.
• Continue to develop and facilitate training plans that will optimize the performance and efficiency of the Crew Resources team, including recurrent training
• Utilize analytical skills to determine Crew Scheduling production strategies.
• Ability to understand and work at an abstract level and utilize technology as a tool to solve complex scheduling problems.
• Assist with updates in the Crew Scheduling Policy and Procedure Manual.
• Assist and Develop recovery plans caused by irregular operations and coordinate with all necessary departments to ensure successful completion
• Lead and participate in special projects, as assigned.
• Associates Degree or equivalent work experience
• 2-4 years of previous supervisory experience
• At least 2-4 years of crew scheduling, crew planning or related airline experience
• Advanced knowledge of FAA regulations and previous experience interacting with union representatives
• Advanced computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite
• Strong analytical skills
• Advanced knowledge of PSA/ALPA and PSA/AFA working agreement
Competencies and Knowledge
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Positive communication skills (verbal and written)
• Strong organizational skills
• Approachability and adaptability
• Proactive and collaborative problem solving
• Working with minimal supervision and as a strong team player
• Multitasking and time and performance management
• Maintaining confidentiality and handling sensitive situations with professional aptitude
• Proficiently operating sophisticated and complex software systems (e.g. Sabre CrewTrac, Flica, etc.)
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position with an expectation of occasional evening and weekend hours as job duties demand. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.