Supply Chain Contracts Manager
• Location: Dayton, OH
• Work Schedule / Shift: Full-time, Monday through Friday 8am-5pm with occasional extended periods of time as necessary
• Reports To: Director of Finance
• Relocation: Relocation assistance available
• Travel: 15% out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Engaging our employees is extremely important to us, and we seek leaders who inspire, enable, and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
Dayton, OH – Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here, you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
While holding Safety and Quality as priority one, the Supply Chain Contracts Manager supports the long-term financial performance of PSA’s Supply Chain and Maintenance Organization. This is accomplished by leading the team to effectively manage vendors, produce and manage RFP’s and RFQ’s, develop KPI’s and core metrics, create visibility into current asset status, and work within all necessary time and safety constraints to safely ensure on-time departures of PSA aircraft.
• Management of the Contract Analysts and their daily activities in the contract life cycle.
• Manages the vendor selection process including analysis of vendor proposals in conjunction with key stakeholders in the maintenance and finance organizations.
• Mentors and coaches team members to develop the team cross functionally within the department. Identifies candidates for successor planning and assists in successor planning program.
• Partners with the Quality Assurance team to ensure proper management of PSA’s AVL and all necessary compliance and audit requirements with the FAA.
• Maintains industry visibility and engagement to source new partners utilizing innovative and approved techniques to drive cost savings, reliability, and lead times.
• Negotiates all vendor purchasing agreements, shipping and payment terms, fixed pricing, and approved company contacts.
• Find and Facilitate new purchasing initiatives to drive costs down across PSA
• Develop and maintain long-term forecast of purchasing needs to leverage vendors for better pricing and performance
• Maintains close relationships with current vendors, tracks issues, and helps to troubleshoot production issues and anticipates and raises potential concerns with vendor reliability, engineering techniques, or production capabilities and makes necessary corrections to mitigate impact to the company.
• Partner with Finance to complete financial and productivity analysis on vendor contract or contract amendment proposals, to publish and review responses to RFP’s and RFQ’s
• Engages across the organization at all levels of leadership to prepare purchasing agreements and is prepared to make regular presentations to Senior Leadership up to and including the President.
• Effectively manage and operate within the approved operating and capital budget, partner with Finance to complete analysis and forecasting to build the annual operating plan.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering, Operations Management, Aviation Management or related discipline or equivalent work experience
• 5+ years of an equivalent combination of education and/or professional work experience, preferably in a supervisory capacity
• Experience in attracting, selecting and developing technical teams that can pull together to quickly overcome obstacles
• Proven ability to manage multiple vendors
• Strong technical consulting/customer service background, as well as excellent oral, written and presentation skills
• Proven ability to handle operational issues effectively, understanding escalation, communication and crisis management
• Previous contract development and negotiations
• Previous development of budgets, forecasting and operational expenses
• Demonstrated competency in strategic thinking and leadership with strong abilities in relationship management
• Gained experience in managing resources to meet goals across multiple projects
• Gained experience in leading multi-discipline, high-performance work teams/groups
• Demonstrated competency in developing efficient and effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems
• MBA or other advanced degree/qualification
• Airframe and Powerplant License
• Skilled in creating annual budgets and tracking to make sure they are met
• Demonstrate problem solving skills, have strong presentation and analytical skills and possess a strong desire to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to plan requirements three to five years in advance and aid others in accomplishing annual goals
• Ability to develop and lead efficient and motivated teams across multiple platforms and in varying environments
• Identify group conflict and facilitate resolution
• Must be goals oriented and a team player
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Lead both technical and non-technical discussions
• Proven ability to build and facilitate relationships at all levels of the organization, both internally and externally
• Commitment to system functionality and user satisfaction in rapidly growing and changing environments
• Develop and present business case and related ROI to senior management for justification of investment in upgrades or replacement of hardware/software
• Conceive solutions, build consensus and sell/execute solutions
• Comfortable with making decisions, monitoring progress and reporting results
• Strong planning/organization capability and ability to make major decisions quickly
• Ability to work and manage both on-shore and offshore resources
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Organization and Planning
• Communication (listening, oral, and written)
• Technical Expertise
• Resilient Negotiator
• Experienced Buyer and Contract Manager
• Strategic Problem Solving and Decision Making
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.