• Location: Dayton, OH
• Work Schedule / Shift: Monday-Friday 8:00AM-5:00PM (occasional evening and weekend hours as job duties demand)
• Reports To: Security and Compliance Manager
• Direct Reports: 3
• Relocation: Some relocation assistance available
• Travel: Some may be expected for this position
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Engaging our employees is extremely important to us, and we seek leaders who inspire, enable, and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
Dayton, OH – Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here, you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
As the Compliance Specialist, you will impact PSA Airlines’ growth by ensuring compliance with Pilot Records Information Act (PRIA) regulations and PSA’s drug and alcohol program as required by law and the Department of Transportation (DOT). You will help PSA to maintain safe conditions for our customers and employees.
• Develop and implement policies, procedures, and training programs; review existing processes and develop improvement solutions.
• Manage and maintain crew member credentials and records.
• Responsible for Federal Random testing: prepares, distributes and tracks progress of Random lists, ensuring compliance with FAA and Company Policy.
• Perform random drug test notifications; schedule pre-employment and return to work DOT and Non-DOT testing; and manage pre-employment, post-accident and reasonable suspicion program.
• Assist with the onboarding process and ensure DOT and Non-DOT paperwork is filled out correctly.
• Regularly audit and maintain DOT documentation within the appropriate binders; ensure testing media is current at all times with federal regulations; maintain all program documentation and process through records retention as required by law.
• Development of an effective notification process that ensures the appropriate, consistent and timely response for positive tests.
• Establishment and coordination of the drug and alcohol testing program. Including collection site set-ups, scheduling any mobile units and interfacing with testing laboratory representatives.
• Ensure accurate headcounts are up-to-date and that all affected employees are included in the respected testing pools.
• Direct liaison with third party administrator (TPA) to ensure that 3rd party collection facilities lists are kept current at all times.
• Obtain and track FAA approved drug and alcohol program information and changes from appropriate vendor/government agencies.
• Professionally receive incoming calls from employees and 3rd party vendors.
• Acts as the Designated Employer Representative.
• Responsible for the management of program for company issued identification.
• Actively participate in the annual DOT and PRIA audits, coordinates and prepares materials for audit inspection.
• Oversees the PRIA program; ensuring records are being accurately maintained and retained, as required by law.
• Other projects as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 2 years of administrative/office support and file maintenance experience
• Computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite
• Prior experience and professional knowledge of FAA DOT regulations and policies
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Organizational skills
• Communication skills (verbal and written)
• Coaching & Development
• Driving Excellence
• Facilitating Change
• Strategic Thinking
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.