Military Pathways Program Recruiter
• Location: Dayton, OH or Charlotte, NC
• Work Schedule: Full Time (expectation of occasional evening and weekend hours as job duties demand)
• Reports To: Manager of Pathways Program
• Direct Reports: None
• Relocation: Some relocation assistance available
• Travel: up to 70% of the time
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Engaging our employees is extremely important to us, and we seek leaders who inspire, enable, and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
Dayton, OH – Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here, you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
Charlotte, NC – Charlotte hosts one of PSA’s senior bases. It is the largest city in the state of North Carolina and the third-fastest growing major city in the United States. Nicknamed the “Queen City,” this city upholds rich history and southern hospitality. You will enjoy the food scene, art and history. Home of the Carolina Panthers, Charlotte Motor Speedway, NASCAR Hall of Fame and Carolinas Aviation Museum, this city offers an abundance of activities.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
The Military Pathways Program Recruiter will lead the sourcing, screening, interviewing, and offer stages of all Military Transition Program (Maintenance and Pilot) candidates.
• Assist the Manager of Pathway Programs in efforts to build an effective recruiting plan to attract top talent based on forecasted headcount, turnover and changing talent needs.
• Proactively source and identify active and passive candidates leveraging a wide variety to tools and techniques (social media, search engines and job boards) to build and maintain a quality pipeline, fostering long-term relationships with current and potential candidates.
• Identify, attract, and recruit transitioning or transitioned active, guard, and reserve military personnel.
• Identify and attend networking activities such as military career fairs, professional associations, technical schools, outplacement services, etc.
• Keep abreast of labor trends; know where the best supply of talent is in the marketplace.
• Build and maintain a quality pipeline through fostering long term relationships with potential candidates, military installations, and veteran service organizations.
• Partner with other Pathways recruiters and be able to team-up at any time.
• Review and qualify applicants based on application / resume, track record / experience, and pre-screening assessments.
• Conduct thorough phone/video interviews to recommend qualified candidates.
• Assess candidates technical, functional knowledge and leadership skills through a combination of behavioral and competency based interviews.
• Gather feedback from hiring managers and interview teams to make hiring decisions.
• Initiate compelling employment offers to candidates chosen.
• Provide feedback and hiring information to all applicants to ensure a positive candidate experience regardless of selection decision.
• Accountable to timely and accurate communication to all key stakeholders in the hiring process.
• Work with Recruiting Coordinators and Human Resources to facilitate a smooth transition preparing for candidates’ first day of work.
• Update Application Tracking System (ATS) with candidate status updates immediately upon receiving notice of information / changes. Every team member is directly accountable for adhering to standard processes for data management.
• Assist with providing leaders weekly activity reports highlighting search progress and disposition of all candidates.
• Analyze recruiting trends, best sources and recruiting metrics to guide the business on when and where to target talent.
• Attend Recruiting meetings, share knowledge and skills with teammates, and contribute to continuous improvement efforts.
• Maintain compliance with company policies and procedures as well as with all applicable external regulations.
• Other projects as assigned.
• Minimum two (2) years of full life cycle recruiting experience.
• Extensive knowledge of social networking platforms, online communities, conferences, and other sourcing channels.
• Knowledge of applicant tracking systems, CRM tools and virtual recruiting tools.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
• Must have excellent time management skills.
• BS/BA degree preferred but not required if proven relevant experience exists
• Military experience
• Excellent client management skills that will allow PSA to grow our recruitment program
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Time management
• Building candidate relationships
• Technical hiring
• Performance management
• Problem solving
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.