• Location: Dayton, OH
• Work Schedule / Shift: Monday-Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
• Reports To: Benefits Manager
• Direct Reports: None
• Relocation: Some assistance available
• Travel: 10% travel is possible
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Engaging our employees is extremely important to us, and we seek leaders who inspire, enable, and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
Dayton, OH – Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here, you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
The Benefits Coordinator is responsible for assisting with the administration of all benefits and retirement programs, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, Employee Assistance (EAP), 401(k) and COBRA.
• Advise employees on eligibility, plan design and enrollment processes.
• Respond to benefits inquiries in a professional and timely manner, providing information and assistance to employees and leadership as needed.
• Perform group benefit plan administration tasks including processing new hire and life event changes, dependent verifications and maintain HRIS system.
• Review benefit data updates and error reports and correct errors as needed.
• Serve as liaison to employees and insurance carriers regarding employee benefit enrollment discrepancies and escalated claims issues.
• Maintain primary responsibility for new hire benefits communications including regulatory notices, new hire information packets and enrollment notices, dependent verifications and enrollment reminders.
• Maintain primary responsibility for unemployment process. Ensures timely and accurate reporting to state unemployment agencies.
• Assist with annual open enrollment.
• Assist in development of employee communications and presentations.
• Conduct benefits education presentations, as needed.
• Assist with wellness program initiatives.
• Cross-train and serve as backup to other benefit functions as directed by department management.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• At least two years of experience in a business office utilizing Microsoft Office programs
• Experience working in a human resources department or in a benefits related field is preferred
• Knowledge of FMLA, ADA, COBRA, ACA and HIPPA is a plus
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Interpersonal Skills
• Performance management
• Problem solving
• Positive communication skills (verbal and written)
• Ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment
• Professional aptitude
• Multi-tasking and adaptibility in an aggressive growth environment
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.