Human Resources Intern
• Location: Vandalia, OH
• Work Schedule: Part or Full Time (Monday through Friday)
• Internship Term: January - April
• Reports To: Human Resources Manager
• Direct Reports: None
• Relocation: Local candidates only
• Travel: Travel is not expected with this position
Start your HR Flight Plan with PSA!
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 5,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Benefits: Enjoy seeing the world? Interns enjoy the same American Airlines travel privileges as regular full-time employees!
As a Human Resources Intern, you will impact PSA Airlines’ business growth by assisting with the day to day coordination of human resources processes and documentation, especially around new hire processing, employee changes, and document filing and management. You will work to ensure the greatest level of efficiency and responsiveness to customer and department needs.
• Approve and prepare paperwork and folders for new hire orientation; participate as needed during new hire orientations.
• Ensure new hire paperwork has been submitted to the Shared Services Organization (SSO).
• Scan, copy, file and manage employee documentation, ensuring compliance with company policies and state/federal laws.
• Submit and manage Personnel Action Notices (PANs).
• Create and update employee changes in the Human Resources Information System (HRIS) based off information in the PANs.
• Perform customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions or directing them to the appropriate department/organization.
• Collaborate with human resource department employees on a daily basis.
• Other duties and projects as assigned.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Coursework and/or experience in Human Resources
• Advanced computer skills with Microsoft Office programs, HR related systems preferred
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource or related field (current enrollment or recent graduate)
• Employment law familiarity, including document retention and privacy laws
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Attention to Detail
• Organization / Planning