Manager of Reliability
• Location: Dayton, OH
• Work Schedule: Full Time (Mon through Fri - 8:00am to 5:00pm, with extended hours as needed)
• Reports To: Director of Engineering/Technical Services
• Direct Reports: Yes, around 10 people
• Relocation: Relocation assistance is available
• Travel: Some travel (20%) is expected
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Engaging our employees is extremely important to us, and we seek leaders who inspire, enable, and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
Dayton, OH – Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here, you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
As the Manager of Reliability, you will impact PSA Airlines’ business growth by managing and coordinating the development and implementation of reliability documents such as Ad Hoc reliability data gathering reports and alerts that assure PSA is adhering to the 10 major elements of the Continuous Airworthiness Maintenance Program (CAMP). In supporting the maintenance department in this way, you will ensure the reliability and safety of the CRJ fleet.
• Manage the collaboration and activities of the Reliability Engineers, to determine reliability driven solutions and monitor their effectiveness.
• Manage the completion and presentation of monthly Reliability Reports.
• Manage the monthly reports for Potable Water activity, CAT II Programs, Mechanical Interruption Reports, and other reports as needed.
• Provide suggestions to Maintenance Programs for improved inspection or maintenance instructions to increase reliability.
• Keep senior management apprised of all actual or potentially negative conditions that may affect the Reliability Programs.
• Provide recommendations for improvements to policies, practices, procedures, processes, and methods utilized by the Maintenance and Engineering Department.
• Manage the monthly component premature removal report, including removal rate
• Collaborate with Fleet Administrators, Maintenance Controllers, Aircraft System Engineers, Component Repair Analysts, Maintenance Production personnel, and Reliability Engineers to achieve a higher fleet reliability and lower MEL rate.
• Present monthly Reliability Reports to Senior PSA staff and FAA.
• Provide all departments with reliability data to identify areas where performance enhancements to the fleet can be obtained and to maintain the aircraft most efficiently.
• Assist and support the Vice President of Maintenance and Engineering and other senior management in projecting a strong commitment to the uncompromising promotion of safety and regulatory compliance.
• Perform other duties to support the department as assigned by the Director of Engineering/Technical Services.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Bachelor’s degree in an aviation field
• Current FAA Airframe and Powerplant license or FAA Pilot license
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Organization and Planning
• Communication (listening, oral, and written)
• Attention to Detail
• Analytical Skills
• Influence and Persuasion
• Driving Excellence
• Facilitating Change
• Strategic Thinking
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 and pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.