Talent Management Program Manager
• Location: Dayton, OH or Charlotte, NC
• Work Schedule / Shift: Monday-Friday 8:00AM-5:00PM (expectation of rare evening and weekend hours as job duties demand)
• Reports To: Director of Talent Acquisition and Development
• Direct Reports: None
• Relocation: Assistance available
• Travel: Up to 15% of travel is expected
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Engaging our employees is extremely important to us, and we seek leaders who inspire, enable, and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
Dayton, OH – Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here, you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
Charlotte, NC – Charlotte hosts one of PSA’s senior bases. It is the largest city in the state of North Carolina and the third-fastest growing major city in the United States. Nicknamed the “Queen City,” this city upholds rich history and southern hospitality. You will enjoy the food scene, art and history. Home of the Carolina Panthers, Charlotte Motor Speedway, NASCAR Hall of Fame and Carolinas Aviation Museum, this city offers an abundance of activities.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
The Talent Management Program Manager will be responsible for designing and developing the framework of PSA internal talent programs to help advance a more strategic talent management agenda for the organization. This role will help accelerate career pathing and succession management programs aligned to positively impact internal talent movement and attrition while building the next generation of leaders and taking care of our people. The ideal candidate should be a superior communicator, able to work with subject matter experts from both technical and business teams to creatively transform talent concepts into Talent Management programs.
• Work closely with leaders to conduct department talent reviews and act as a trusted advisor to provide expertise on how to identify and invest in critical talent, as well as influence key talent decisions to ensure that the right people are in critical roles.
• Design and develop the framework of internal talent programs such as; 90 day success road mapping, department career pathing competency programs, internal high potential talent and succession review processes.
• Drives execution of internal talent programs; from project planning to rollout to adoption and review.
• Supports implementation of PSA’s profile fit assessment and determines how to align culture fit assessments to newly developed talent development programs
• Creates and leads new annual talent calibration and succession planning initiative.
• Maintain and enhance talent document templates and work with internal partners to automate templates where possible with current and future systems connectivity.
• Develops robust content for director and above talent discussions. Interface and plan talent sessions for the Executive team in partnership with department Leaders.
• Perform analysis of talent management metrics and qualitative information to inform success of programs, clear objectives for talent initiatives, and program effectiveness
• Serve as a liaison between Talent Acquisition and all Department Leaders to better understand where an impact in the department talent lifecycle can have an impact on attrition and culture
• Partner with Manager of Leadership and Talent Development to assess internal competency based growth programs for future learning and development programs
• Support other Talent Management or Development projects, where needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department and company.
• Bachelor Degree in Business, Education or related.
• Experience with both the practical and theoretical aspects of adult education.
• 5 years’ experience with internal talent conversations, performance management, or employee engagement programs.
• Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Publisher and Project).
• Proficient in using on-line learning authoring software such as Adobe Presenter, Articulate, Captivate or other preferred.
• Association for Training and Development (ATD) or Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) certification a plus.
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Strong communication (oral and written)
• Effective time and performance management
• Proactive and collaborative problem-solving
• Multi-tasking and organizational skills
• Attention to detail and focus on excellence
• Preparing presentations
• Approachability and adaptability
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.