Maintenance Training Coordinator
• Location: Dayton, OH
• Work Schedule: Full Time (Mon through Fri - 8:00am to 5:00pm)
• Reports To: Manager of Maintenance Training
• Direct Reports: None
• Relocation: Local candidates preferred
• Travel: < 5% travel is expected
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Engaging our employees is extremely important to us, and we seek leaders who inspire, enable, and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
Dayton, OH – Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here, you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
As the Maintenance Training Coordinator, you will impact PSA Airlines’ business growth through the development of the maintenance training department. In maintaining required training files, coordinating maintenance training, vendor management efforts, and other additional duties, you will aid in providing complete and compliant maintenance training.
Oversight of the Learning Management System
• Maintains Learning Hub Domain Administrator status via training and coordination with mainline AA.
• Assists other PSA departments with Learning Hub operations.
• Develops, plans, edits, maintains, and monitors activities, rosters, and custom reports in The Learning Hub learning management system. Provides data and custom reports to multiple PSA departments, FAA, DOD, and IOSA auditors.
Maintenance Training Coordination
• Coordinates and schedules classes, rosters, and classrooms for 700 Maintenance personnel as well as 4,000 outside vendors and contractors. Populates an electronic rolling training schedule.
• Notifies instructors and supervisors of necessary training, recall authorizations if training is not complete.
• Sets up outstation vendor training once training in hard copy and electronic files are completed. Coordinates vendor training with multiple internal departments.
• Performs self-audits on all station maintenance providers, active fuel vendors and their technicians. Send notices of upcoming training to them.
• Keeps the Maintenance Training portion of the employee portal updated.
• Issues, tracks, and files authorization forms for technicians for Airworthy release, Run and Taxi, etc.
• Requests out station copies of A&P certificates, verifies certificates with FAA online inquiry system, and assures that HAZMAT and tool calibration programs are complete. Audits vendor files and sends copies to multiple internal departments.
• Issues temporary authorizations to vendors.
• Sets up new station fuel vendor training, update files, and notify multiple other departments of vendor training status.
• Updates Access data base for fuel personnel training and Ramp Operations Personnel.
Arranges per diem and hotels for Maintenance Training dept. staff and occasionally other departments as needed.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• 2 - 5 years of experience in an office environment (aviation field desired)
• Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office programs with a heavy emphasis on Excel
• Supervisor Experience
• Associated Degree
• Knoweledge of Sabre Syite of Systems
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Project Management
• Problem solving
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 and pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.