Director, Maintenance Operations
Department: Maintenance Operations
Reports to: Vice President, Maintenance
Location: Vandalia, OH (relocation assistance available)
Direct Reports: 4
Travel: estimated 80%
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Dayton, OH – Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here, you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
With general leadership from the Vice President of Maintenance & Engineering, responsible for directing, managing and coordinating activities related to Line, Base and Powerplant Operations. Oversees a growing organization that includes includes mulitple direct and indirect reports.
Leadership, commitment and promotion of safety as a core value of the maintenance organization.
Responsible for providing leadership to direct staff to ensure the various teams incorporate continuous improvement methods to efficiently support maintenance production and the daily operation.
Responsible for ensuring proper and efficient protocols are developed and utilized within Maintenance.
Oversee the development of all budgets, forecasts and projections related to Line, Base and Powerplant Operations.
Responsible for the creation and administration of performance metrics for various departments.
Oversee and administer all Engine and Airframe and APU commercial support agreements with contracted service providers.
Ensure compliance with all company policies, procedures and mandates and with all relevant Federal Aviation Regulations.
Aid in the development of training programs for assigned personnel and ensure that assigned personnel are properly trained.
Provide staffing recommendations to the Vice President of Maintenance and Engineering.
Analyze and arrive at the root causes of operational issues, recommending problem-solving solutions.
Ability to establish and maintain system of accountability, capability, commitment, execution and results in sustainable ways.
Other duties and projects as assigned.
• Current FAA A&P license
• At least 5 years of experience within the last 8 years leading teams within a Part 121 maintenance organization
• Extensive experience working accross organizational boundries
• Extensive experience operating in an organized labor environment
• Proficient computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite
• Bachelor’s Degree or related degree
• Experience with Bombardier CRJ aircraft or similar
• Experience in commercial service contract negotiations and administration
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Time management
• Communication (verbal and written)
• Professional aptitude
• Problem Solving
• Coaching & Development
• Driving Excellence
• Facilitating Change
• Strategic Thinking
• Work Environment: This job operates approximately 80% of the time inside a climate controlled building and approximately 20% of the time outside in all types of weather. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
• Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; bend/stoop; occasionally push/pull and lift weight up to 75 lbs.; use hands to grasp, finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. On rare occasions may be required to crawl, use fine manipulations, kneeling, and repetitive motion.
• Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
• AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
• Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.