Compliance Specialist - Intern
• Location: Dayton, OH
• Work Schedule: Full Time - Temporary (Mon through Fri, with an expected duration of a 6 month period)
• Reports To: Compliance Supervisor
• Direct Reports: None
• Relocation: Local candidates only
• Travel: Limited travel is expected with this position (10%)
Start your Flight Plan with PSA!
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Benefits: Enjoy seeing the world? Temporary interns enjoy the same American Airlines travel privileges as permanent employees!
As a Compliance Intern, you will make an impact in helping maintain safe conditions for our employees and customers by maintaining compliance with the Pilot Records Information Act (PRIA) rules and regulations and PSA's drug and alcohol program as required by law and the Department of Transportation (DOT) and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
• Explicit knowledge of DOT regulatory guidelines 49 CFR Part 40 and 14 CFR Part 120.
• Process all Compliance paperwork in a timely and organized fashion.
• Organize and participate in internal and external quarterly and annual audits.
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date Compliance records, following DOT/FAA guidelines.
• Development of an effective process within the Security department that ensures the appropriate, consistent and timely filing of Compliance requests and responses.
• Liaison with vendors in terms of Compliance responses and requests.
• Responsible for the maintenance and retention of all PRIA documentation, as required by law.
• Work with Human Resources to organize, verify and input new hire paperwork.
• Review existing processes and develop improvement solutions.
• Professionally and effectively communicate with employees and third parties.
• Ensure DOT and Non-DOT paperwork is completed correctly and follow up on discrepancies in a timely manner.
• Responsible for the timely processing and distribution of new hire, renewal, and replacement company badges.
• Other projects as assigned.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Coursework and/or experience in general office practices such as filing and typing
• Advanced computer skills with Microsoft Office programs
• Previous aviation knowledge/experience/education highly preferred
• Two years of increasingly responsibly clerical/office related experience, or any equivalent combination of related education and experience
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Attention to Detail
• Organization / Planning
• Auditing skills