Flight Safety Program Manager- FOQA/LOSA
• Location: Dayton, OH
• Work Schedule / Shift: Monday-Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM (occasional extended periods of time as necessary)
• Reports To: Flight Safety Manager
• Direct Reports: 2; FOQA & LOSA Analyst (DAY)
• Relocation: Some assistance available
• Travel: Some travel will be expected for this position
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Engaging our employees is extremely important to us, and we seek leaders who inspire, enable, and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
Dayton, OH – Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here, you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
As the Flight Safety Program Manager (FOQA/LOSA), you will impact PSA’s company security and the safety of our customers. Dedicated to safety intervention and providing guidance for the development and implementation of FOQA/LOSA systems. Aiding in the assurance that our customers get to their destination safely and on time.
• Manage the FOQA program.
• Prepare/Facilitate all of the FOQA Monitoring Team (FMT) Meetings.
• Prepare/Facilitate the FOQA Steering Committee Meeting.
• Maintain the FOQA event database.
• Maintain parameter definition event sets and coordinate necessary changes with the FMT in addition to maintain a log of any changes that are made.
• Maintain a FOQA history log of all corrective actions.
• Track the effectiveness of all FMT Recommendations/Corrective Actions.
• Track/Trend the top safety issues out of the FOQA program.
• Create Recommendations to the company from the FMT.
• Disseminate FOQA information to the PSA stakeholders.
• Develop and maintain the FOQA documentation (I&O Plan and FOQA MOU).
• Manage password selection and maintenance of the Aerobytes program.
• Create Safety Promotional (Quarterly FOQA Scorecard, FOQA Bulletins, LOSA Bulletins etc.)
• Interface with the Maintenance Department by reviewing any Maintenance exceedances (Hard Landings, Severe Turbulence or other events as requested).
• Interface with other departments, FAA and union representatives regarding the programs and safety issues.
• Conduct various safety promotional presentations to increase the knowledge and awareness of PSA FOQA program and support departmental safety promotional efforts as needed.
• Help maintain the PSA Flight Safety Index.
• Manage the Line Operation Safety Audit Program (LOSA).
• Prepare and Facilitate the LOSA Steering Committee Meeting
• Choose and train qualified pilots to be observers for the LOSA program.
• Analyze the LOSA data and create a report of the LOSA data to be disseminated to all LOSA stakeholders.
• Represent PSA Airlines in the Aviation Safety Analysis and Information Sharing Program (ASIAS) working groups.
• Assist with the International Air Transport Association (IATA) Operational Safety Audit (IOSA).
• Work with the SMS Operations Data Analysis Group (ODAG), Operations Standards Board (OSB) and Company Standards Board meeting.
• Responsible for the Company’s Security and Safety Management System (SMS) and associated Safety Risk Management and Safety Assurance outputs.
• In absence duties shared will be shared by the FOQA Analyst and Manager of Flight Safety.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Commercial Pilot Certificate
• Proficient computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to perform statistical analysis
• Bachelor’s Degree in aviation or aviation safety
• One year of FOQA related experience
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Time and performance management
• Communication Skills (verbal and written)
• Collaborative problem-solving
• Ability to manage multiple projects at one time with time sensitive deadlines
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive situations appropriately
• Ability to interact with all levels of company personnel
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.