Manager, Talent Resources
• Location: Charlotte, NC
• Work Schedule: Full Time (Office hours are 0800 – 1700 with occasional extended periods of time as necessary to support TA operations)
• Reports To: Assistant Director of Talent Acquisition
• Direct Reports: Yes (4 direct reports)
• Relocation: Some relocation assistance available
• Travel: Minimal travel is required of this position (up to 25%)
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Charlotte, NC – Charlotte hosts one of PSA’s senior bases. It is the largest city in the state of North Carolina and the third-fastest growing major city in the United States. Nicknamed the “Queen City,” this city upholds rich history and southern hospitality. You will enjoy the food scene, art and history. Home of the Carolina Panthers, Charlotte Motor Speedway, NASCAR Hall of Fame and Carolinas Aviation Museum, this city offers an abundance of activities.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
The Manager of Talent Resources leads programs, projects and the team responsible for administering systems related to Talent Acquisition (TA). This role drives the adoption of new business procedures resulting from system improvements. Talent Resources supports TA team to recruit more efficiently and effectively through process excellence and Analytics.
• Metrics & Reporting: Analyzes data analytics, insights, and trends to develop recruitment strategies
• Systems Management: all systems supporting TA
• Resource Management: vendors, contracts, budget, resource ROI, shared resources (staff, tools)
• Position Management & Compliance: Headcount reconciliation and approval, job creation and external posting templates, and reporting on OFCCP, AAP, EEO for TA
Metrics & Reporting
• Responsible for reporting & dashboard development and support of integrated data systems with multiple stakeholders including the Talent Advisors, Sr leadership, and other stakeholders
• Collaborate with TA teams to ensure collection of accurate data in TA systems, and analyze and report on TA metrics to TA Leaders and other stakeholders (AA) on cadence with needs (e.g. weekly, monthly)
• Manage implementation of reports, dashboards & self-service reporting using Tableau and other reporting solutions
• Manage configuration of systems dashboard reporting and automation of reports from TA systems
• Lead cost-per-hire reporting in support of the TA Budgeting process, providing insights to the annual budget build and to increase vendor and system ROI
• Collaborate with TA share/leverage company and industry best practices
• Lead the implementation, management and user adoption of all TA systems; seeking opportunities for continual improvement and maximum ROI
• Oversee development of documentation, training, and communication plans for technology changes
• Provide strategic input on design and configuration of systems setup and use, acting as a systems SME to proactively find and suggest TA systems optimization and efficiency related to hiring processes
• Manage all integrations with third party vendors connected to TA systems, ensuring functionality
• Lead systems support team members in ongoing activities related to administrative setup and support (e.g. user, library content, and job posting management)
• Partner with Talent Processes Specialist to optimize and align TA systems with team workflows, reporting, and process automation based on audit findings
• Vendor software and contract management, including implementation ongoing account management
• Manages TA budget, including tracking spend, reconciling invoices, forecasting, and proactive allocation
• Calculates ROI for all budgeted TA resources, including systems and vendors, measuring cost effectiveness against related TA KPIs (number of hires, hiring funnels, hiring ratios, etc.)
• Manages shared resources, including staff (Coordinator) and tools (e.g. AirTable, SharePoint, etc.)
• Partner with TA Leaders and Systems & Support team to utilize insights from candidate and employee experience to suggest strategic and operational paths to improvement related to TA Support Team
• Participates in related TA project execution from planning to completion as needed
Position Administration & Compliance
• Responsible for coaching business leaders around talent acquisition hiring practices; ensure hiring managers are trained on interview skills, documentation and service level agreements commitments
• Assist HRIS Specialist and Finance with position management, including requisite management and reconciliation, ensuring job approvals are routed, obtained and recorded when necessary
• Lead efforts to support new job creation, working with Hiring Managers and TA content experts to evaluate and create job descriptions, and lead support staff on the translation of job descriptions into advertisements and job screening questionnaires
• Responsible for OFCCP, EEO, and AAP reporting and compliance for TA, partnering with Marketing Specialists and TA teams on required job postings, and marketing analytics and strategies (e.g. sponsorships, specialty boards, posting refreshes, etc.)
• Partner with compliance vendors to achieve successful audit status for TA compliance requirements
• Other duties and projects as assigned
• 4+ years of broad and successful experience in Data Analytics, Recruiting and/or Recruiting Support
• 2+ years of leadership experience, preferably in Data Analytics, Recruiting and/or Recruiting Support
• Successful track record of finding and implementing best practices for TA systems and resources
• Demonstrated success managing initiatives, projects with numerous stakeholders and objectives
• Proven skills in creating collaborative approaches across systems
• Proven experience in understanding and implementing key TA tools and technologies
• Demonstrated experience in using metrics and analytics to find and tell stories that drive decisions
• Positive track record of excellence in diversity, inclusion and EEO compliance
• Proficient in Microsoft Office software, Excel required, Tableau, MS SharePoint
• Intermediate experience with Applicant Tracking Systems
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field preferred
• In depth knowledge of compliance and regulations related to employment/staffing preferred
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Program and project management
• Drive for helping others
• Influence and persuasion
• Systems and vendor management
• Superior organizational and planning skills
• Attention to detail
• Passion for continual improvement
• Analytical skills and strategic thinking
• Strong communication (listening, oral, and written)
• Adaptability in an aggressive growth environment
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.