Fleet Manager - Tech Ops
• Location: Dayton, OH
• Work Schedule: Full Time
• Reports To: Director of Engineering/Technical Services
• Relocation: Some relocation assistance available
• Travel: Some travel required, less than 25% of the time
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Dayton, OH – Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here, you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
The Fleet Manager-Tech Ops will report directly to the Director of Engineering/Technical Services, primary role of the position is to ensure safety, reliability, and quality of the CRJ fleet. The Fleet Manager will monitor aircraft performance, identify problems affecting the fleet, and develop changes to rectify these problems. The Fleet Manager may develop these changes in conjunction with PSA Technical Services, other PSA departments, the aircraft manufacturer, vendors, or other airlines.
• Primary goal is to identify aircraft systemic deficiencies and provide ways to rectify these deficiencies.
• Interfaces with aircraft manufacturers, supply vendors, repair vendors, and other airlines operating a similar fleet.
• Provide suggestions to Maintenance Programs for improved inspection or maintenance instructions to increase reliability.
• Serve as a system expert on specialized projects/programs.
• Work closely with Air Op’s and OCC concerning fleet MEL revisions and modifications to the aircraft.
• Represent PSA at applicable industry and governmental forums, meetings, conferences, etc .
• Collaborate with Fleet Administrators, Maintenance Controllers, Aircraft System Engineers, Component Repair Analysts, Maintenance Production personnel, and Reliability Engineers to achieve a higher fleet reliability and lower MEL rate.
• Provide all departments with technical expertise to identify performance enhancements to the fleet and to maintain the aircraft most efficiently.
• Manage the activities of the program Tech Op’s airframe and component specialists.
• Represent PSA in the acquisition of new or used aircraft and return from/to lessors/brokers/OEM’s. This would include the physical inspection of aircraft and recording differences to our existing fleet. Raising Safety Risk Management reports for fleet additions.
• Perform other duties to support the department as assigned by the Director of Engineering/Technical Services.
• Current A&P certificate
• 5 years aircraft maintenance and /or engineering experience
• Knowledge of aircraft systems, CAMP, airline SMS process
• Aircraft Maintenance, Business, or Engineering degree preferred but not required
• Knowledge of Bombardier CRJ aircraft and systems.
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Time management
• Problem solving
• Coaching & Development
• Driving Excellence
• Facilitating Change
• Strategic Thinking
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.