Associate Recruiter - Pilot
• Location: Charlotte, NC
• Work Schedule: Full Time (some evening and weekend hours expected)
• Reports To: Supervisor Air Operations Recruiting - Pilots
• Direct Reports: None
• Relocation: Some relocation assistance available
• Travel: Travel required (20%)
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Engaging our employees is extremely important to us, and we seek leaders who inspire, enable, and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
Charlotte, NC – Charlotte hosts one of PSA’s senior bases. It is the largest city in the state of North Carolina and the third-fastest growing major city in the United States. Nicknamed the “Queen City,” this city upholds rich history and southern hospitality. You will enjoy the food scene, art and history. Home of the Carolina Panthers, Charlotte Motor Speedway, NASCAR Hall of Fame and Carolinas Aviation Museum, this city offers an abundance of activities.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
As the Associate Recruiter, you will impact PSA Airlines’ growth as a point of contact for candidates within the Air Operations - Pilot team. Through your recruiting efforts, you will ensure our candidates have a seamless transition to PSA Airlines.
• Functions as the Pilot application screener and entry point into Interview Process for PSA First Officers.
• Conducts pre-screening phone/skype interview of potential candidates, pays close attention to pilot credentials, and PSA specific qualifications.
• Organizes and schedules interviews for Pilot Recruitment Team, ensures proper candidate details needed for interviews.
• Actively recruit qualified candidates into Pilot Recruitment pipelines while tracking interview data
• Adopts new recruiting resources and sourcing ideas for impact in volume and candidate experience
• Maintains a strong keep in touch contact management system pipeline within the systems of potential pilot candidates in company CRM, ATS, and other recruitment resources.
• Conducts in-person interviews with candidates for potential First Officer positions.
• Supports overall hiring process changes and implementations where needed, works with Supervisor to enhance prescreening process and approach
Partners with Supervisor, HR Pilot Recruiters, and Pilot Recruiting Ambassadors to ensure a thorough screening and follow through process.
• Updates candidate tracking and department reporting weekly
• Participates in New Hire Onboarding when necessary
• Represents PSA at recruiting events and supports recruiting projects where needed.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office software: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
• Experience in recruiting application review, preferably in Pilot Recruiting or Aviation related
• Knowledge of or ability to learn and utilize applicant tracking systems, CRM tools, and virtual recruiting tools
• Ability to use or learn how to use online screening tools and technology to build efficiencies into the overall recruiting process
• 1-2 years of recruiting experience in aviation or previous pilot recruiting.
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Interpersonal skills
• Strong ability to influence
• Time management
• Attention to detail
Work Enviroment: This job operates in a professional office environment and on-the-road. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.