Heavy Maintenance Representative
• Location: Bridgeport, WV
• Work Schedule: Full Time
• Reports To: Heavy Maintenance Manager
• Direct Reports: None
• Relocation: Some relocation assistance available
• Travel: No travel is expected for this position
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
As the Heavy Maintenance Representative, you will impact PSA Airlines’ growth by providing on-site representation in all matters relating to Heavy Maintenance Visits (HMV). In doing so, you will work to maintain quality and cost to ensure efficient operations and reliably safe service to customers.
• Provides a management presence that will ensure all decisions made and actions taken are in the best interest of the company in all matters relating to the services provided by the HMV Service Provider.
• Oversees the HMV Service Provider to ensure compliance with all policies, practices, and procedures required by the General Maintenance Manual and any other published technical data, documents, and directives.
• Oversees the HMV Service Provider to ensure compliance with all contractual obligations.
• Reviews and validates “Non-Routine” technical discrepancies.
• Monitors the completion and processing of aircraft maintenance records.
• Monitors the progress and status of work being performed by the HMV Service Provider.
• Monitors each HMV for completion of work within established schedules as well as cost.
• Acts as a liaison between the HMV Service Provider and the Maintenance and Engineering Department.
• Ensures all company property and assets are accounted for and protected.
• Coordinates with and assists the Material Logistics Coordinator to ensure that parts and material are available, as required, to meet established schedules.
• Provides daily progress reports, for each HMV, to the Heavy Maintenance Manager as well as compiling and providing cost, man-hour, performance, and other reports as needed.
• Reviews invoicing from the HMV Service Provider and verify that costs are valid and correct and assists in the development of HMV plans and budgets.
• Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department and company.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• A&P License
• Computer experience and skills including the use of Microsoft Word and Excel
• Ability to speak/read/write in English
• Advanced technical degree in aircraft maintenance operations or engineering
• At least 5 years’ experience in the maintenance of large aircraft
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Time management
• Problem solving
• Maintaining confidentiality and handling sensitive situations
• Working with minimal supervision in a team environment
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.