Director, Flight Training and Standards
• Location: Dayton, OH
• Work Schedule: Full time (occasional evening and weekend hours as job duties demand)
• Reports To: VP of Air Operations
• Direct Reports: Manager of Training Administration and Crew Records, Manager of Flight Standards, Manager of Pilot Ground Training, and AQP Manager
• Relocation: Some assistance available
• Travel: Required for this postion
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Dayton, OH – Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here, you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
The Director, Flight Training and Standards is a full time position and provides direction to assure Flight Operations achieves Company goals and objectives associated with safety, security, reliability, operational efficiency, productivity and customer satisfaction. Provide leadership to ensure best practices in training and standard operating procedures.
• Overall responsibility for the training program for pilots and dispatchers.
• Responsible for maintaining compliance with all standards established by PSA Airlines
• Implement safety risk management processes within Flight Operations that support the principles of the Safety Management System (SMS) and this policy manual.
• Enforce departmental safety objectives, which support company goals through close coordination with the Company Safety Department.
• Coordinate with Directors of Flight Operations and Flight Operations Technical, to ensure operational safety and standardization of procedures.
• Develop and implement strategies communicating Company goals and department performance requirements to all department personnel.
• Supervise, train, monitor, and assess staff member performance.
• Primary liaison between FAA and company concerning Pilot and Dispatcher training.
• Primary liaison between company and contract training providers.
• Responsible for crew training records through the Manager of Training Admin and Crew Records.
• Responsible for the standardization of Pilots, sim instructors and sim check pilots through the Manager – Simulator Flight Standards
• Attend Directors meeting and brief Operations Directors as to status of training
• Chair committee meetings as directed by the Vice President of Air Operations
• Ensure corporate standards and affirmative action programs are communicated and implemented
• Make recommendations for the flight operations operating and capital expense budgets
• Implement, monitor, and review the results of the Company Internal Audit Program
• Other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Air Operations
• In absence, Vice President of Air Operations will handle and re-assign duties.
• Bachelor’s degree
• 3 years Pilot-In-Command Parts 135 or 121
• 1-2 years experience as a Line Check Pilot or 1-2 years experience as a Proficiency Check Pilot
• 1-2 years airlines management experience or instructing background
• Good communication skills (written and oral)
• Computer literacy
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
To be successful in this role, you should be great at:
• Prioritizing multiple tasks
• Proficient in Microsoft Word Suite
• Communication (verbal and written)
• Coaching & Development
• Driving Excellence
• Facilitating Change
• Strategic Thinking
Work Environment: This job operates inside a climate controlled building. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; bend/stoop occasionally; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.