Maintenance Planning Supervisor
• Location: Dayton, OH
• Work Schedule: Full Time
• Reports To: Maintenance Planning Manager
• Direct Reports: 14 people
• Relocation: Some relocation assistance available
• Travel: No travel is expected for this position
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Engaging our employees is extremely important to us, and we seek leaders who inspire, enable, and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
Dayton, OH – Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here, you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
As the Maintenance Planning Supervisor, you will impact PSA Airlines’ growth by overseeing the daily operations of the Maintenance Planning Department. In providing full compliance with maintenance requirements and planning to maximize efficiency, you will ensure quality service and flights.
• Oversee the daily activities of the Maintenance Planners;
• Ensure new employees receive proper and adequate training, as well as recurrent training;
• Monitor Daily Planner to ensure an equalized maintenance program and proper base utilization;
• Ensure timely and accurate completion of all necessary reports as required by maintenance planning;
• Ensure that established policies and procedures are followed by the maintenance planners;
• Maintain the technical and company manuals used in Maintenance Planning;
• Recommend changes or new procedures to improve department and system performance;
• Perform duties of the maintenance planner as required;
• Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department and company.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Advanced computer skills with Microsoft Office programs
• Ability to speak/read/write in English
• Working knowledge of aircraft inspections and maintenance programs
• Three to five years’ experience in aircraft maintenance with a working knowledge of aircraft maintenance programs
• One to three years’ supervisory experience
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Time and performance management
• Working with minimal supervision in a team environment
• Maintaining confidentiality and handling sensitive situations
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.