Employee Relations Manager
• Location: Charlotte, NC
• Work Schedule / Shift: Monday-Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
• Reports To: Director of Employee Relations
• Direct Reports: None
• Relocation: Assistance available
• Travel: Travel will be required for this position
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Engaging our employees is extremely important to us, and we seek leaders who inspire, enable, and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
Charlotte, NC – Charlotte hosts one of PSA’s senior bases. It is the largest city in the state of North Carolina and the third-fastest growing major city in the United States. Nicknamed the “Queen City,” this city upholds rich history and southern hospitality. You will enjoy the food scene, art and history. Home of the Carolina Panthers, Charlotte Motor Speedway, NASCAR Hall of Fame and Carolinas Aviation Museum, this city offers an abundance of activities.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
Defines, promotes, and reinforces the company philosophies to employees and leaders. Partners with senior leaders to ensure a balance between employee needs and organizational goals. Provides advice and guidance to leadership and non-management personnel in resolving work related concerns as well as assisting in the development of leaders through coaching and training. Oversees and conducts investigations to ensure compliance with policies and practices, as well as Federal, state and local employment laws. Responds to State and Federal charges of harassment/discrimination. Prepares for and participates in State and Federal proceedings, as well as grievance and arbitration hearings.
• Works closely with leadership, ensuring coordinated, efficient and cost-effective execution of employee relations activities, demonstrating customer service principles.
• Provides guidance and interpretation of policies and procedures.
• Partners with senior leadership and the Employee Relations team with assisting managers with investigations, discipline, and termination proceedings.
• Works as liaison with the attorneys as needed.
• Manages and investigates company-wide investigations of internal complaints.
• Works closely with legal representatives to investigate and respond to state and federal charges of harassment/discrimination, and represents the company at hearings before state and federal agencies.
• Assists with establishing/coordinating Company practices, policies, and procedures.
• Assists Managers through training and coaching of company policies and procedures, Employee Relations issues, investigations, discipline, and termination proceedings.
• Guides the Employee Relations team in supporting managers and supervisors in preparation of responses to employees and union representative.
• Offers grievance resolution options based on individual circumstances.
• Ensures consistency in handling corrective action as well as assisting in the preparation of employee coaching and discipline.
• Reviews contract language, assists with labor relations, and makes recommendations for changes.
• Aids in the interviewing process in filling leadership positions.
• Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department and company.
• Bachelor's degree (or equivalent industry experience)
• Must have three to four years of supervisory experience
• Experience working with labor agreements required
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Experience with employee and management presentations
• Have a demonstrated understanding and experience with Federal, State and local labor laws and requirements
• A minimum of five years Employee Relations experience
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Managing multiple projects simultaneously while responding in a fast-paced environment
• Communicating effectively with all levels of leadership, customers, and employees
• Having a high degree of ingenuity, diplomacy, and tact while making judgements on issues involving Company policies and procedures and Employee Relations, especially those complex of nature.
• Having the ability to not just solve problems, but be able to recognize the future implications so a proactive approach can be taken.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.