This position is responsible for creating and directing an industry leading maintenance planning & scheduling team. The business is set to grow, creating the need for more robust planning and the opportunity to develop the function in line with the needs of the business. This is an important leadership role within the PSA Maintenance team, with a strong hands on delivery component. This role requires a production-based mindset able to design, implement and standardize new scheduling platforms. Must be both a creative and strategic individual who will drive our imperatives within a collaborative culture. The ideal candidate will have the leadership skills necessary to make sound business decisions, identify and implement process improvement opportunities and to possess a visionary skill-set that results in world-class utilization and efficiency within the maintenance program.
• Leadership, commitment and promotion of safety as a core value of the maintenance organization.
• Develop and implement organizational strategic initiatives that achieve performance-based results.
• Develop forecasting and resource planning capability within the organization to deliver end to end planning, forecasting, and scheduling in order to meet aircraft maintenance needs
• Provide accurate forecasting and analyzing data against budget figures on a weekly and/or monthly basis to provide supporting information to the Director of Maintenance and Director of Supply Chain to optimize maintenance operations production and inventory management
• Provide leadership to team with overall responsibility to develop short and long term aircraft maintenance plans to drive maintenance performance
• Responsible for providing leadership to direct staff to ensure the various teams incorporate continuous improvement methods to efficiently support maintenance production and the daily operation.
• Identify and implement strategies to reduce overall cost
• Manage short term and long term maintenance production capacity and scheduling
• Develops and fosters strong cross-divisional relationships while maintaining an open line of communication with the maintenance stations, maintenance control and other work streams.
• Effectively and collaboratively work with Supply Chain on long/short term inventory situations
• Develop and manage reliable forecasting tools and KPI’s that deliver high accuracy at monthly, weekly, daily levels, which will provide relevant inputs to the maintenance production and supply chain teams, to support business decision making.
• Ensures all key performance metrics are achieved regarding flight arrival, departure and completion performance while also meeting company cost initiatives.
• Responsible for ensuring all required maintenance items that are scheduled and issued within time limit intervals specified by the Continued Airworthy Maintenance Program (CAMP) and approved by the FAA.
• Create, update and maintain departmental GMM (General Maintenance Manual) and SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) manuals while ensuring all processes are adhered to.
• Strong ability to collect and analyze data for failure analysis and trending to improve team and operational performance.
• Technically savvy and able to tactically dissect maintenance requirements to guide team members in creating schedules that maximize productivity.
• Develops and executes production and capacity plans that will enable the organization to meet on-time performance objectives.
• Maintains close communications with maintenance operations regarding manpower/equipment requirements, availability, capacity, backlog and priorities to ensure realistic and achievable schedules and loading parameters are continually maintained for the business.
• Other duties and projects as assigned.