Part-Time Security Assistant
• Location: Dayton, OH
• Work Schedule / Shift: Part-time (occasional extended period of time as necessary; hours will not exceed 29 hours per week)
• Reports To: Manager of Airport Operations, Corporate Security, and Emergency Response
• Direct Reports: None
• Travel: Some travel will be expected for this position
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Dayton, OH – Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here, you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
The Security Assistant impacts PSA Airlines’ safety and security. Coordinating of all security related programs and the operational system, this position ensures the compliance of PSA by interacting with company managers, union representatives, the TSA, and the FAA.
• Assist with the overall coordination of all security related programs and the operational reporting system of PSA Airlines, Inc.
• Maintain and assist in auditing the company databases for airline identification media, United States
• Assist with Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) background checks, Criminal History Records Check (CHRC), and ensuring coordination with applicable regulatory bodies.
• Maintain company databases with regards to Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) and Master Crew List (MCL) to ensure accuracy and compliance with international security agencies.
• Maintain PSA Security Operations Manual.
• Assist in maintaining and administration of employee operations reporting systems and databases of flight operations, ground, in-flight, disruptive passenger and passenger illnesses/injury to ensure integrity of reporting system.
• Organize, review and ensure proper dissemination of all Security Directives, Information Circulars, TSA Guidance Material and all other security documents to appropriate departments within PSA Airlines.
• Ensure daily review of the TSA security web board postings.
• Administrate and coordinate with American Airlines Legal, all legal case files, US Customs Violations and TSA letters of inquiry that could result in security violations or subject the company to potential civil penalty.
• Assist with the PSA Emergency Response Program.
• Complete monthly, quarterly and annual reports to be submitted to the VPOS.
• Perform any additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• In absence, duties performed by the Security and Compliance Specialist.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Proficient computer skills: Microsoft Office suite
• Bachelor’s degree (or working towards advanced degree) in aviation
• Two years of experience in aviation administration
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Time and performance management
• Communication skills (verbal and written)
• Prepare presentations
• Ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment