Maintenance Training Manager
• Location: Charlotte, NC
• Work Schedule: Full Time
• Reports To: Director of Maintenance
• Relocation: Assistance available
• Travel: 30% expected
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Engaging our employees is extremely important to us, and we seek leaders who inspire, enable, and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
Charlotte, NC – Charlotte hosts one of PSA’s senior bases. It is the largest city in the state of North Carolina and the third-fastest growing major city in the United States. Nicknamed the “Queen City,” this city upholds rich history and southern hospitality. You will enjoy the food scene, art and history. Home of the Carolina Panthers, Charlotte Motor Speedway, NASCAR Hall of Fame and Carolinas Aviation Museum, this city offers an abundance of activities.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
The Maintenance Training Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of a top tier training curriculum for the Aircraft Maintenance Organization. Focus will be placed on the long-term learning strategy to ensure employee proficiency meets the needs of the Maintenance Organization and is aligned with the goals of PSA. This position requires collaboration with other departments and stakeholders to ensure training meets and exceeds expectations.
• Ensuring strategic alignment of the training department with organizational goals.
• Optimizing training process for efficiency
• Manage the development and implementation of technical training courses, training aids, devices and material to provide high quality and relevant training to Maintenance Organization.
• Manage the scheduling of all technical training courses (both internal and external) to ensure that Maintenance Organization meet all initial and recurrent training requirements.
• Provide leadership to 25+ assigned technical training staff members to ensure their competency and fitness to conduct required training.
• Manage technical training staff to ensure effective and efficient resource utilization and deployment.
• Partner with maintenance leadership to ensure training needs are being met.
• Coordinate the application of training with external service providers, vendors and manufacturers. Manage and oversee all required training records and files to ensure proper and accurate completion, retention, disposition, and security.
• Assist and support the Vice President of Maintenance and Engineering and other senior management in projecting a strong commitment to the uncompromising promotion of safety and regulatory compliance.
• Act positively, cooperatively, efficiently and expediently in carrying out all orders, directives and requests from senior management.
• Ensure that decisions made and actions taken are in the best interest of PSA in all matters relating to aircraft Maintenance Reliability and Training.
• Ensure compliance with all policies, practices, procedures, processes and methods required by the PSA GMM and other PSA technical data, directives and instructions.
• Keep senior management apprised of all actual or potentially negative conditions that may affect the aircraft Maintenance Training Programs.
• Compile and provide various reports and data packages as required or requested.
• Provide recommendations for improvements to policies, practices, procedures, processes and methods utilized by the Maintenance and Engineering Department.
• Other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
• Computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite
• Previous experience in formal instruction or personnel development in a professional environment
• Detail-oriented with the ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision while managing multiple priorities and meeting strict deadlines
• Advanced technical degree in Engineering, Aviation, or closely related discipline
• FAA A&P license
• At least 3 years of experience in the maintenance of large aircraft
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software ("Word" and "Excel")
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Communication (verbal and written)
• Detail oriented
• Organization skills
• Interpersonal skills
• Coaching & Development
• Driving Excellence
• Facilitating Change
• Strategic Thinking
Work Environment: This job operates approximately 90% of the time inside a climate controlled building and approximately 10% of the time outside in all types of weather. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; bend/stoop; occasionally push/pull and lift weight up to 75 lbs.; use hands to grasp, finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. On rare occasions may be required to crawl, use fine manipulations, kneeling, and repetitive motion.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.