Pilot Pathway Recruiter
Location: Charlotte, NC (pilot recruiting center)
Department: Human Resources
Reports To: Manager- Pilot Pathway Programs
Travel: Often (up to 60% of the time)
Relocation: Local candidates preferred; some assistance may be available for non-local candidates
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Charlotte, NC – Charlotte hosts one of PSA’s senior bases. It is the largest city in the state of North Carolina and the third-fastest growing major city in the United States. Nicknamed the “Queen City,” this city upholds rich history and southern hospitality. You will enjoy the food scene, art and history. Home of the Carolina Panthers, Charlotte Motor Speedway, NASCAR Hall of Fame and Carolinas Aviation Museum, this city offers an abundance of activities.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
As the Pilot Pathways Recruiter, you will impact PSA Airlines’ growth as a point of contact for candidates within the Pilot Pathway Programs. Pilot recruiting is a high volume, fast-paced environment requiring knowledge of the credentials and experience needed to pass our hiring standards. The Pilot Pathway Recruiter must be motivated to help us meet our target to hire of pilots in a highly competitive market. To accomplish this, the incumbent must execute on the PSA Strategic Recruiting Plan and overall Candidate Experience, partnering with the Pilot Pathways Manager and HR Associate Recruiter. Through your recruiting efforts, you will ensure our candidates have a seamless transition to PSA Airlines.
• Recruits qualified Certified Flight Instructors and Rotor Transition Candidates
• Installs and executes PSA Active Pilot Recruiting, leveraging a wide variety of active and passive recruiting tools and techniques through social media, Facebook, LinkedIn, LinkedIn InMail and search engines.
• Maintains a keep in touch contact management system pipeline of potential pilot candidates through pro-active market research and on-going relationship with Pilot Recruiters and Management Team.
• Supports and evaluates the pre-screening phone and on site in person interviews of potential candidates.
• Uses effective relationship building and selling skills to articulate PSA Airlines company’s values, culture, EVP and position opportunities to enhance targeted prospects/candidates interest and engagement.
• Subject matter expert on competitor intelligence and responds to market in collaboration with PSA Communications team.
• Attends Pilot Recruiting Events to attract and interview PSA qualified First Officers.
• Able to learn and execute knowledge of Pilot Technical Requirements, Airline Applications, Excel and Google documents
• BS/BA degree or aviation-related Associates degree
• Knowledge of applicant tracking systems
• Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
• 2-3 years of recruiting or sales experience. Preferably in an aviation setting
• Intermediate proficiency or above in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• Ability to work with a team under minimal supervision and meet deadlines in an aggressive growth environment
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and a professional demeanor is essential
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Highly motivated / Strong initiative
• Results Oriented
• Strong communication (oral and written)
• Highly effective time management
• Intellectual and professional aptitude
• Problem solving
• Influential / Persuasive
• Attention to detail and organization
• Focus on excellence
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 and pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.