Supervisor of Repair Logistics
• Location: Dayton, OH
• Work Schedule / Shift: First
• Reports To: Aircraft Component Repair Manager
• Direct Reports: None at the moment, but will be expected to serve in a supervisory capacity in the Manager's absence, issuing directives, coaching, and assisting in staffing decisions. Potential for direct reports in the future.
• Relocation: Some assistance available
• Travel: Some travel will be expected
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way – which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Dayton, OH – Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here, you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
This position impacts PSA Airlines’ strategic sourcing and procurement; promoting and administering the Repair Analyst team to maintain vendor performance, cost, and quality. Key success of this role is the promotion of departmental communication as well as delegation and organization of external department requests.
• Supervises and coaches the team members of the component repair and warranty group by administering workflow management of all daily job duties.
• Streamlines and standardizes analyst procedures from Repair Order processing and component MRO selection to vendor management.
• Develops and delivers training, and targeted training, based on best practices.
• Promotes team communication and cross functionality within the department.
• Directs scheduled and unscheduled maintenance requests to include support of the Aircraft-on-Ground (AOG) desk by delegating and ensuring the expediting of repair orders.
• Provides vendor assessments in order to assists the Manager of Aircraft Component Repair in strategic repair vendor selection.
• Serves as a project lead for various scheduled maintenance repair programs such as ADS-B, Landing Gear overhaul, and general Technical Service reliability upgrade requirements.
• Assists in ensuring that warranty is captured and properly administered on all repairs and overhauls from approved MRO vendors, new aircraft purchases and new component purchases.
• Designs and implements individual and team performance metrics to ensure all aircraft components are tracked throughout the repair process with complete visibility and accountability from maintenance removal to serviceable return.
• Monitors improvement initiatives and uses established score metrics to coach team member performance, track cost drivers, reduce no fault found; ensure internal and external TAT, and present problematic results with potential solutions.
• Assists the Manager of Aircraft Component Repairs with all department staffing decisions, provides feedback and delivers individual employee performance reviews and coaching sessions, assists in the goal setting processes, and renders appropriate disciplinary actions at the direction of the Manager.
• Maintains close relationships with current vendors, tracks issues, and raises potential concerns with vendor reliability or production capabilities.
• Proactively manages supply chain and reviews BER repair and overhaul quotes to work with purchasing in maintaining inventory levels that safely support an on-time operation with cost effective, quality parts.
• High school diploma
• 5+ years of significant procurement, supply chain, repair, or related warranty experience
• Demonstrated competency in strategic thinking and leadership with strong abilities in relationship management and conflict resolution
• Excels in handling multiple project tasks, communicating, and delegating responsibility
• Proven ability to manage multiple supply vendors
• Strong technical consulting/customer service background, as well as excellent oral, written and presentation skills
• Proven ability to handle operational issues effectively, understanding escalation, crisis management, and prioritization
• Previous database management experience and development of data analytics with exceptional computer skills
• Comfortable with making decisions, monitoring progress and reporting results
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Operations Management, Aviation Management or related discipline or equivalent work experience
• Demonstrate problem solving skills, have strong presentation and analytical skills and possess a strong desire to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to satisfy constantly evolving daily requirements associated to a dynamic maintenance schedule and expansive supply chain
• Must be goals oriented and a team player
• Lead both technical and non-technical discussions
• Proven ability to build and facilitate relationships at all levels of the organization, both internally and externally
• Commitment to system functionality, efficiency improvement, and user satisfaction in rapidly growing and changing environments
• Experienced in Excel VBA and macro development
• Conceive solutions, build consensus and sell/execute solutions
• Strong planning/organization capability and ability to make major decisions quickly
• Ability to understand complex contracts and summarize key term
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Problem solving
• Planning and Organization
• Communication (verbal and written)
• Coaching & Development
• Driving Excellence
• Facilitating Change
• Strategic Thinking
Work Environment: Operational Control Center is open from 5 a.m. to 12 a.m., 7 days a week. Dispatchers must be willing to work holidays, weekends and evenings.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.