Manager of Operational Material Logistics
• Location: Dayton, OH
• Work Schedule / Shift: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm with occasional extended periods of time as necessary. This position supports a 24/7 operation with after-hours and on-call availability required. Daily schedule will be flexible to ensure 24/7, 365 department coverage
• Reports To: Director of Strategic Sourcing and Procurement
• Direct Reports: AOG Expeditors and Material Logistics Coordinators
• Relocation: Some assistance available
• Travel: Minimal overnight travel may be required (<5%)
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 3,900 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Dayton, OH – Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here, you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
The Manager of Operational Material Logistics impacts PSA Airlines’ safe on-time departures of aircraft. This position supports the Maintenance Organization by ensuring that all operational critical material needs are satisfied as quickly and economically as possible. This is accomplished by leading the team to methodically assess maintenance requirements, strategically source and deliver compliant materials, and identify and manage the most economical logistical options for resolution.
• Management of the AOG Expeditors and Material Logistics Coordinators and their daily activities in the materials handling and expediting process.
• Leads the team to provide excellent customer service and communication to all stakeholders with respect to the resolution of all AOG situations.
• Mentors and coaches team members to develop the team cross functionally within the department. Identifies candidates for successor planning and assists in successor planning program.
• Utilizes industry best practices for economic decisions regarding the source of required aircraft components and accurately prioritizes demand to not cause down-line operational impairments.
• Supports team members to actively track, manage, and own all AOG and IOR situations to maintain 24/7 awareness of all open cases.
• Maintains industry visibility and engagement to source new partners utilizing innovative and approved techniques to drive cost savings, reliability, and lead times.
• Utilizes Tableau and advanced data mining techniques to design productivity dashboards, build metrics for team and AOG recovery times, and utilize information to create action plans for improvement.
• Serves as a liaison for all Strategic Sourcing departments such as Component Repair, Procurement, and Stores.
• Manages Team Members to ensure all material requirements for PSA outsourced maintenance such as Heavy Maintenance Aircraft, LOPA Modifications, ADS-B, Landing Gear changes, and others.
• Maintains policies, decision making matrices, and standard operating procedures to ensure robust training for team members in all job aspects is accomplished.
• Coordinates department scheduling to ensure 24/7, 365 day coverage.
• Serves as an SME when required for activities related to the implementation and training on the Maintenix implementation project and ensures future stability and best practices.
• Actively manages and engages logistics vendors from internal customers, other airlines, expediting companies, and charter companies to ensure proper support and best pricing.
• Manages continuous improvement techniques to create more efficient processes and work streams which drive an increase in cost savings and effectiveness.
• Engage across company departments to gather information and clearly communicate ideas and initiatives to all levels of management up to and including the President.
• Effectively manage and operate within the approved operating and capital budget, partner with Finance to complete analysis and forecasting to build the annual operating plan.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Operations Management, Aviation Management or related discipline or equivalent work experience
• 5+ years of an equivalent combination of education and/or professional work experience, preferably in a supervisory capacity
• Experience in attracting, selecting and developing technical teams that can pull together to quickly overcome obstacles
• Proven ability to make multiple quick high-profile decisions with significant economic and operational impacts in a stressful and resource constrained environment
• Strong technical consulting/customer service background, as well as excellent oral, written and presentation skills
• Proven ability to handle operational issues effectively, understanding escalation, communication and crisis management
• Previous development of budgets, forecasting and operational expenses
• Demonstrated competency in strategic thinking and leadership with strong abilities in relationship management
• Gained experience in managing resources to meet goals across multiple projects
• Gained experience in leading multi-discipline, high-performance work teams/groups
• Demonstrated competency in developing efficient and effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems
• MBA or other advanced degree/qualification
• Airframe and Powerplant License
• Skilled in creating annual budgets and tracking to make sure they are met
• Demonstrate problem solving skills, have strong presentation and analytical skills and possess a strong desire to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to plan requirements three to five years in advance and aid others in accomplishing annual goals
• Ability to develop and lead efficient and motivated teams across multiple platforms and in varying environments
• Identify group conflict and facilitate resolution
• Must be goals oriented and a team player
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Lead both technical and non-technical discussions
• Proven ability to build and facilitate relationships at all levels of the organization, both internally and externally
• Commitment to system functionality and user satisfaction in rapidly growing and changing environments
• Develop and present business case and related ROI to senior management for justification of investment in upgrades or replacement of hardware/software
• Conceive solutions, build consensus and sell/execute solutions
• Comfortable with making decisions, monitoring progress and reporting results
• Strong planning/organization capability and ability to make major decisions quickly
• Ability to work and manage both on-shore and offshore resources
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Problem Solving
• Communication (verbal and written)
• Coaching & Development
• Driving Excellence
• Facilitating Change
• Strategic Thinking
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 and pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.