Manager Chief Pilot
• Location: Charlotte, NC
• Work Schedule: Full Time (Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, occasional extended periods of time as necessary to support airline operations; weekend work hours required)
• Reports To: Assistant Director of Line Operations
• Direct Reports: Responsible for support, counsel and supervision of flight deck crewmembers
• Relocation: Some relocation assistant available
• Travel: Travel is required of this position
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Our culture is The PSA Way – which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Engaging our employees is extremely important to us, and we seek leaders who inspire, enable, and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
Charlotte, NC – Charlotte hosts one of PSA’s senior bases. It is the largest city in the state of North Carolina and the third-fastest growing major city in the United States. Nicknamed the “Queen City,” this city upholds rich history and southern hospitality. You will enjoy the food scene, art and history. Home of the Carolina Panthers, Charlotte Motor Speedway, NASCAR Hall of Fame and Carolinas Aviation Museum, this city offers an abundance of activities.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
As the Manager Chief Pilot, you will impact PSA Airlines’ operations by your responsibility to the overall support, counsel, and supervision of flight deck crewmembers. Through conflict resolution and provision, you are aiding in ensuring quality service and customer satisfaction.
• In-depth knowledge of the POH and FOM as well as company operations and the manual system.
• Remain qualified/current on Company aircraft and operate revenue flying when necessary to ensure schedule reliability.
• Work with flight deck crewmembers to maintain the highest standards of conduct, performance and competency.
• Participate in labor relations grievances between all pilot personnel and the Company
• Participate in hiring flight deck crewmembers
• Monitor pilot assignments.
• Organize and control documentation affecting the pilots’ personnel records (excluding training, flight and duty and basic personnel records delegated to other departments).
• Knowledge and ability to follow the SMS philosophy and policies.
• Research and analyze operational issues to come up with root causes and recommended solutions using company SMS policies and philosophy. Ability to establish and maintain system of accountability, capability, commitment, execution and results in sustainable ways.
• Assist the Assistant Director of Line Operations with any special projects as requested.
• Must have a full understanding of the operation with respect to aviation standards and safe operating practices, 14 CFR, Chapter 1 and operations specifications
• Previous managerial experience
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Performance management
• Problem solving
• Working with minimal supervision in a team environment
• Coaching & Development
• Driving Excellence
• Facilitating Change
• Strategic Thinking
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment and on the line. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, desk and cell phones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs.; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.