Safety Assistant - CAST
• Location: Dayton, OH
• Work Hours/Shift: First Shift, Part-Time
• Reports To: SMS Program Manager
• Direct Reports: None
• Relocation: None available
• Travel: Some travel will be expected for this position. (10-20%)
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way – which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Dayton, OH – Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here, you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
As an Safety Assistant, you will assist the Safety Department in tracking all of the Commercial Air Safety Team (CAST) enhancements. This position will interact with company managers, union representatives and the FAA.
• Review current Commercial Air Safety Team (CAST) enhancements.
• Create Risk Assessments for current CAST safety enhancements.
• Review current FAA INFO and SAFO publications.
• Create Risk Assessments for current FAA INFO and SAFO publications.
• Track progress of mitigations arising from risk assessments.
• Coordinate with existing safety programs to track or study issues arising from CAST Safety enhancements.
• Prepare presentation for the VP/President of the company on safety concerns and trends.
• Make safety recommendations to senior staff and management.
• Perform various trend analysis and duties as assigned.
• Participate in Safety Management System (SMS) meetings.
• Assist in promoting safety culture within the company.
• Assist SMS team in facilitating the creation, distribution, and finalization of Safety Risk Assessments and Change Management records.
• Coordinates recommendations between the SMS and Flight Safety programs.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the SMS Program Manager.
• In absence, duties will be performed by the SMS Program Manager.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Ability to perform statistical analysis
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of programs
• Ability to speak/read/write in English
• Bachelor’s Degree in Aviation or Aviation Safety
• Excellent writing/communication skills
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Priority/Task Management
• Oral Communication
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs.; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.