Regional Manager- Stores Operations
• Location: Dayton, OH
• Work Schedule / Shift: Monday-Friday 8:00AM-5:00PM (occasional evening and weekend hours as job duties demand)
• Reports To: Director of Supply Chain Operations
• Direct Reports (# of / locations)
• Relocation: Assistance available
• Travel: Involves travel to all locations where stores’ materials and personnel resides throughout the year
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 3,900 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way – which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Dayton, OH – Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here, you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
The Regional Manager of Stores Operations impacts PSA Airlines’ maximum levels of efficiency; ensuring that training and process development are ongoing to develop the store personnel for growth and advancement in the company. They are a key catalyst in the development of uniformity throughout the bases and unmanned locations with forward-positioned materials.
• Assist and support the Vice President of Maintenance and Engineering and other senior management in projecting a strong commitment to the uncompromising promotion of safety and regulatory compliance.
• Provide leadership in the areas of personnel development, finance, productivity and accountability.
• Assist Director of Supply Chain Operations in development and implementation of performance KPI’s.
• Drive continuous improvement methodologies to eliminate waste and improve efficiency.
• Assist in the development of stores budgets and cost projections.
• Maintain cost within assigned budgets.
• Ability to identify efficiency roadblocks, develop strategic initiatives, and execute on processes to remove barriers to success.
• Ensures that the Stores Management team is consistently following policies and procedures within the day to day operations, including but not limited to:
• Serves as an auxiliary trainer for INDOC and HAZMAT certifications for Stores Personnel.
• Audits stores processes to ensure that we are uniformly compliant, consistent, and within company processes and procedures.
• Reviews and assists in demand scheduling to ensure optimal coverage.
• Performs project management functions relative to:
• Other projects as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain or equivalent experience
• Hazmat Shipping Certification
• Ability to become a Hazmat trainer
• Computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite
• 4+ years of aviation related experience
• 2 years of experience in a supervisory capacity
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Communication (verbal and written)
• Time and performance management
• Coaching & Development
• Driving Excellence
• Facilitating Change
• Strategic Thinking
Work Environment: This job operates approximately 80% of the time inside a climate-controlled building and approximately 20% of the time outside in all types of weather. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; bend/stoop; occasionally push/pull and lift weight up to 75 lbs; use hands to grasp, finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. On rare occasions may be required to crawl, use fine manipulations, kneeling, and repetitive motion.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen. Be able to obtain airport SIDA badging. Valid driver’s license.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.