Aircraft System Engineer
• Location: Dayton, OH
• Work Schedule / Shift: Full-time with first shift hours
• Reports To: Aircraft Support & Engineer Manager
• Travel: Occasional travel may be required
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Dayton, OH – Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here, you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
This position impacts PSA Airlines’ design and development of cost-effective solutions to technical and engineering problems.
• Develop and process data, procedures, instructions, standards and specifications for repairs and modifications to aircraft, engines, components, tooling and equipment.
• Write technical orders, modification orders, maintenance procedures, instructions, directives and reports
• Function as the System Engineer within Maintenix to generate References and Requirements for applicable documents and tasks to be accomplished on the fleet.
• Coordinate with manufacturers, vendors and service providers to develop cost-effective improvements to aircraft systems.
• Provide technical assistance for new aircraft acceptance, delivery, entry into service and conformity.
• Develop corrective action plans for Airworthiness Directives, immediate safety problems or other issues trending in a negative direction. When directed, proceed to develop cost, project planning and /or other action items to implement proposed solution.
• Provide troubleshooting advice and assistance.
• Write and audit PSA revisions (Blue Pages) to AMMs, IPCs, etc.
• Assist Bombardier, OEMs and repair vendors in investigations of aircraft or parts issues.
• Register ELTs with NOAA.
• Provide EGPWS database updates to maintenance personnel for upload to aircrafts.
• Audit updates to AIPC and CMM for changes that could affect the fleet for conformity.
• Track PMA, STC, and or internal PSA modified/created parts for inclusion in Merlin, IPC’s, or other required documentation.
• Audit PMA, STC, and or internal PSA modified/created parts for continuous fleet conformity.
• Verify Merlin CCNs for changes from OEM manuals.
• Update and maintain the PMA/STC/OPP tracking.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Technical Services.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• FAA, A&P Certificate
• At least 3 years’ experience in the maintenance of large aircraft
• Ability to speak/read/write in English
• Advanced technical degree in engineering or aircraft maintenance
• Previous management experience in an aviation-related field
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Organizational, analytical and oral communication skills
• Ability to read, understand and interpret AIPC, CMM, and aircraft drawings, and other technical documentation related to parts/components.
• Good technical knowledge of company aircraft and engines (Bombardier CRJ aircraft and GE CF34 engines).
• Good working knowledge of MS Office products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Work Environment: This job operates inside a climate controlled building. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; bend/stoop occasionally; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.