Supervisor- AOG Operations
• Location: Dayton, OH
• Work Schedule: Full time (with an expectation of occasional evening and weekend hours as job duties demand)
• Reports To: Director of Supply Chain Operations
• Direct Reports:
• Travel: Some travel will be expected with this position
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 3,900 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Dayton, OH – Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here, you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
The Supervisor of AOG Desk Operations impacts PSA Airlines’ Aircraft on ground situations. This position will oversee the AOG Expeditors to ensure that they source parts and arrange for transport to grounded aircraft in the most efficient and economical manner possible.
• Expediting open repair and/or purchase orders.
• Coordination of the shipment and receipt of materials via the timeliest and most cost effective manner across the Airline’s operations.
• Researching and developing future action plans to continuously reduce the cost and improve the flow of material in the system.
• Communication of updates to stakeholders
• Writes the weekly schedule and coordinates the vacations and absences to see that the desk are fully covered.
• Leads the weekly Lessons Learned meeting with the AOG Expeditor Team members.
• Coordinates with MOC and OCC management to improve responsiveness.
• Trains new employees.
• In collaboration with the team, identifies opportunities to improve the overall operation.
• Participates in the hiring process to ensure that the best available applicants are hired to fill vacancies.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Valid driver’s license
• Must be able to obtain airport SIDA badging
• Complete PSA HAZMAT training
• Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite
• College degree
• 1 year or more of commercial aviation experience
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Communication (verbal and written)
• Time and performance management
• Coaching & Development
• Driving Excellence
• Facilitating Change
• Strategic Thinking
Work Environment: This job operates inside a climate controlled building. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; bend/stoop occasionally; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.