• Location: Dayton, OH
• Work Schedule: Full Time (expectation of occasional evening and weekend hours)
• Reports To: Repair and Warranty Manager
• Direct Reports: None
• Relocation: Some relocation assistance available
• Travel: Some travel will be expected
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 3,900 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here, you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
As the Repair Analyst, you will impact PSA Airlines’ business operations by managing the repair process to ensure that the vendor completes the repair to performance standards, and at the lowest cost of repair. In using key metrics relating to costs, turnaround time and warranty concessions you will work to ensure that PSA is making the overall best business decisions.
• Proactively manage supply chain for repair and overhaul services for aircraft components necessary to support the operation at the lowest total cost within the industry.
• Facilitate the review technical tear down quotations and establish recommendations for repair or negotiate reductions with merit based on an internal documented analysis
• Identify new sources of supply based on strict requirements that fulfill total cost of ownership objectives.
• Establish supplier score metrics in conjunction with key internal stakeholders.
• Monitor improvement initiatives, internal and external action items.
• Track cost drivers and coordinate reductions while maintaining specifications and operational objectives.
• Ensure the timely review of quotes and process for further approval
• Ensure internal and external TAT objectives are fulfilled.
• Track and reduce no fault found and customer induced damage instances.
• Establish operator support and service agreements.
• Initiate MRO RFP’s for select target spend and reliability areas relating to the repair and overhaul of components.
• Assist with the negotiation of agreements in support of corporate objectives.
• Establish various metrics to include internal TAT, external TAT, open activity, aging reports and cost analysis.
• Develop expertise regarding their respective commodities of various components through the research and analysis of the form, fit, function, cost, and all drivers within the supply chain that comprise to the total cost of maintaining its targeted reliability.
• Build an internal library of components to be references by the MRO supply chain team.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Supply Chain, Aerospace Management or related field or equivalent work experience
• 3+ years significant procurement, supply chain experience, repair, or related warranty experience
• Proven cross functional project management experience
• Ability to understand complex contracts and summarize key terms
• Aviation knowledge and aviation maintenance experience
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Time management
• Problem solving
• Professional aptitude
Work Environment: This job operates approximately 95% of the time inside a climate controlled building and approximately 5% of the time outside in all types of weather. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; bend/stoop; occasionally push/pull and lift weight up to 75 lbs; use hands to grasp, finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. On rare occasions may be required to crawl, use fine manipulations, kneeling, and repetitive motion.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.