Quality Assurance Specialist
• Location: Dayton, OH
• Work Schedule: Full time
• Reports To: Manager of CASS and Quality Assurance
• Direct Reports: None
• Relocation: Some relocation assistance available
• Travel: Travel is required for this position
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 3,900 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here, you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
As the Quality Assurance Specialist, you will impact PSA Airlines’ business growth through conducting and maintaining the auditing program. Through doing so, you will promote safety and regulatory compliance within PSA.
• Establish and maintain a system for the auditing program in adherence to the General Maintenance Manual.
• Conducts audits of Maintenance Department facilities, vendor repair agencies, and suppliers to include evaluations for adequacy, compliance, efficiency and safety.
• Conducts outstation maintenance and fuel vendor audits to include evaluations for adequacy, compliance, efficiency, and safety.
• Reviews audits and reports discrepancies of adequacy, compliance, efficiency and safety to the Manager of CASS and Quality Assurance.
• In the absence of the QAS, the Manager of CASS and Quality Assurance will be responsible for the auditing program.
• Assists senior management in projecting a strong leadership presence with a commitment to the uncompromising promotion of safety and regulatory compliance.
• Performs Quality Assurance oversight of heavy maintenance contractors working on PSA aircraft.
• Ensures compliance with applicable company policies, procedures and Federal Aviation Regulations.
• Responsible for the Company’s Security and Safety Management System (SMS) and associated Safety Risk Management and Safety Assurance outputs.
• In absence, the Manager of CASS and Quality Assurance will re-assign tasks.
Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Current A&P License
• At least 3 years’ experience on large aircraft with one year as a maintenance inspector
• Knowledge of applicable FAR’s and General Maintenance Manual
• Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office programs
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Performance management
• Problem solving
• Ethical conduct
• Interpersonal skills
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional environment located within the base hangar(s). This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.