Maintenance Operations Control Fleet Administrator
• Location: Dayton, OH
• Work Schedule / Shift: Full-time; expectation of evening and weekend hours. Days and hours are determined by shift Monday-Sunday 24 hours a day.
• Reports To: Manager Fleet Administrator
• Relocation: Assistance available
• Direct Reports: None
• Travel: May be expected for this position (10%)
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 3,900 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Dayton, OH – Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here, you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
The Maintenance Operations Control Fleet Administrator impacts PSA Airlines’ safety and compliance of the FAR (Federal Aviation Regulations). Having direct oversight of assigned fleet and/or tail number of aircraft on assigned shift, this position audits, reviews and monitors all daily maintenance performed.
• Assist and support the Vice President of Maintenance and Engineering and other senior management in projecting a strong commitment to the uncompromising promotion of safety and regulatory compliance.
• Assist with returning long out-of-service aircraft to service which may include the identification of parts, tooling, technical data identification and coordination of delivery to required personnel.
• Validate and approve the Configuration Control and Compatibility of parts installed on an aircraft.
• Review aircraft deferral activity and monitor for repeat discrepancies. Develop action plans to include required part research/identification and required technical data.
• Provide 24/7 analytics for Maintenance Diagnostic Computer downloads as required for Maintenance.
• Assist in reporting to FAA all SDR/MISR’s as required by FAR 121.703 and 121.705.
• Participate in the authoring of non-standard Operational Check and Ferry Flights.
• Act as a production planner in reviewing aircraft deferred items to ensure required parts are identified within M&E system. When required, assist with the movement of parts with MOC/AOG personnel.
• Monitor tail specific reliability issues and assign corrective actions as required.
• Provide 24/7 technical assistance to company personnel.
• Assist with building Temporary Repair Requirements within the M&E system.
• Partner and collaborate with maintenance controllers, technical service specialists, component repair analysts, and reliability analysts in achieving superior reliability results.
• All other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• FAA A&P license or avionics degree (or equivalent)
• Minimum of 4 years CRJ technical experience
• Advanced aircraft maintenance analytical and troubleshooting skills
• Strong ability in the use of technical data such as Wiring manuals, Structural Repair manuals and Engineering repairs.
• Computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite
• Above average knowledge of FAA regulations
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Communication skills (verbal and written)
• Team player
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 10 lbs.; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.