Inventory Planning Analyst
• Location: Dayton, OH
• Work Hours/Shift: Full time (occasional evening and weekend hours as job duties demand)
• Reports To: Inventory Planning and Sourcing Manager
• Direct Reports: None
• Relocation: Some relocation assistance available
• Travel: Some travel will be expected with this position
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 3,900 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way – which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Dayton, OH – Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here, you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
As the Inventory Planning Analyst, you will impact PSA Airlines’ business growth by analyzing parts consumption to determine placement of inventory throughout the system. Through ensuring that needed maintenance activities are supported, you will effect company performance, efficient operations, and customer satisfaction.
• Analyzes demand, planned maintenance, base location activity, fleet type, RON’s and other inputs and sets inventory min/max levels to achieve the desired in-stock position at each stock location at the least total cost while ensuring the maximum utilization of inventory.
• Conducts periodic reviews of established inventory min/max levels to ensure availability based on current demands.
• Serves as the liaison between vendors and PSA stakeholders for PMA part development.
• Actively sources PMA parts and works to get approval and usage from PSA stakeholders.
• Coordinates stores transfers taking into account maintenance activity to optimize inventory.
• Assists in validation of PBH programs to achieve maximum benefit to the company and to ensure that the vendor(s) provide adequate inventory to support the fleets as operations grow.
• Works with suppliers, maintenance planning, and SSO personnel to coordinate the disbursement of seed units and service bulletin kits in support of fleet campaigns and airworthiness directives.
• Ensure that unused seed units or surplus mod kits are returned to the supplier where required.
• Maintains detailed records to include relevant information regarding review and adjustment of inventory allocations and min/max levels.
• Provides justification for future initial provisioning.
• Assists in cycle count validation
• Assists in inventory validation for vendor owned parts
• Develops and maintains sparing models for base openings based on RON, Departures, and fleet type
• Other projects as assigned.
• Coordinate between the maintenance planning and materials departments and review Bills of Work and/or pre-draw reports to ensure materials availability for routine and non-routine maintenance requirements.
• Create transfer requests for material services personnel to action – coordinate and follow up on requested movement activity on a daily basis.
• Coordinate with Warranty/Repair expeditor to request material to be expedited from repair when current available levels are not sufficient to adequately stock bases per established min/max levels.
• Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, or supply chain and two years of experience in aviation or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
• Valid driver’s license
• Ability to speak/read/write in English
• Proficient skills with Microsoft Office programs
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Time management
• Problem solving
• Ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment
Work Environment: This job operates approximately 95% of the time inside a climate controlled building and approximately 5% of the time outside in all types of weather. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; bend/stoop; occasionally push/pull and lift weight up to 75 lbs; use hands to grasp, finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. On rare occasions may be required to crawl, use fine manipulations, kneeling, and repetitive motion.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.