• Location: Dayton, OH
• Work Hours/Shift: Varies (10-hour shifts)
• Reports To: Dispatch Shift Manager
• Direct Reports: None
• Relocation: Hotel room provided for full duration of training (5 weeks), no additional funding
• Travel: None (0%)
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 3,900 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way – which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Dayton, OH – Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here, you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
As an Aircraft Dispatcher, you will collaborate with our Pilots to ensure safe and reliable flight operations. You will directly impact PSA’s on-time departures and flight completion, making sure our customers are delivered to their destination safely and on time.
• Preparation of the Dispatch Release considering weather planning, fuel planning, aircraft airworthiness, and routing strategy for all aircraft under his/her operational control.
• Maintain flight and weather records in accordance with Federal Air regulations to include other data deemed necessary by the Company.
• Monitor the progress of, and issue the necessary information for, the safety of each flight under their operational control.
• Provide adequate assistance to crews and outstations in planning and expediting each flight under his/her control and consistently monitor factors (i.e., weather, air traffic control, maintenance, etc.), which may affect the outcome of the flight.
• Remain acutely aware of passenger loads and overall passenger service when flight planning, taking into consideration Federal Air Regulations and prudent safety practices.
• Coordination of Flight activities (routine and non-routine) with various agencies and Company personnel involved in the operation of a flight under his/her control.
• Respond to accidents/incidents by initiating notification and properly documenting all information.
• Assist the Dispatch Supervisor and Manager of Systems Control in maintaining the Flight Control Center with regard to equipment, procedures, and other operations and duties deemed necessary.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• FAA Dispatch License
• Up to one year of previous Aviation experience
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Priority/Task Management
• Oral Communication
• Work Environment: Operational Control Center is open from 5 a.m. to 12 a.m., 7 days a week. Dispatchers must be willing to work holidays, weekends and evenings.
• Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
• AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
• Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
• Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.